Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,627 times

Advertisements

I'm not against people being more conscious about how they live. Heck, I am myself and I enjoy living very simply. I wish we could get rid of cars, trucks, iPods, cell phones, etc., altogether! As far as I'm concerned, after they invented indoor plumbing, we had everything we needed in this world!

However, information is power, and there is a lot of evidence that shows that the whole "global warming" scare is a big business scam. It's very possibly a diversion and a scare tactic, which I've seen enough evidence now to consider seriously. The below link goes to a YouTube video (not mine) from a source that I personally trust. Don't be turned off by the church opening. The speaker is accredited and the information is worth hearing.

YouTube - Global Warming is a Scam (Alan Cairns)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
It's the biggest fraud in history.
You notice the former VP is nowhere to be found lately.
The sun is going through a cooling cycle, and if anyone asks, cooling is far more harmful to our wellbeing than warming.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 PM

353 posts, read 1,706,749 times
This is a scam being perpetrated by "green" companies like GE to shove those stupid compact fluorescent light bulbs down our throats!

Go to China, where there is a city who's air outside is so toxic people have to keep the windows shut. Guess what is causing it... Solar panel manufacturing.

A lot of the temperature reading stations that show increases in average temperature are in improper locations... In parking lots, behind buildings etc.

Ethanol a miracle?? Look at the price of corn! It has skyrocketed. What about the food that used to be grown but since the government pays subsidies to grow corn for ethanol instead? Try to buy a loaf of bread for under $1.00 Just wait till beef prices rise. It is cheap now because farmers can't afford to keep the cows alive by feeding them, so they are slaughtering them at a young age to break even. There is an over abundance of beef right now because farmers are liquidating their cattle.

Carbon credits???? Do you really think paying money to god knows who to "offset" carbon emmissions does anything? Your throwing your money away. That money just makes its way back to big companies like waste management.

Quit attaching emotion to this and look at the facts!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post

Go to China, where there is a city who's air outside is so toxic people have to keep the windows shut. Guess what is causing it... Solar panel manufacturing.
That is just not true. China has enormous environmental problems, but they are not sourced to solar panel manufacturing.

China produces more steel (and other metals), cement, and coal than anyone else, also cameras, tvs and cars are major products of China.

China is also a huge consumer right now, and that is another reason for their environmental problems.

The emissions made in solar panel processing is minor.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
That is just not true. China has enormous environmental problems, but they are not sourced to solar panel manufacturing.

China produces more steel (and other metals), cement, and coal than anyone else, also cameras, tvs and cars are major products of China.

China is also a huge consumer right now, and that is another reason for their environmental problems.

riveree, you beat me to this one. I totally agree with you. The amount of coal they burn alone is outrageous.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM

353 posts, read 1,706,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post

May I direct you here

The Chinese are producing solar panels and the byproducts are going on the ground. This is why solar panels are coming down in price! I guess it doesn't matter, as long as we evil earth destroying Americans continue to buy into this climate change nonsense this type of pollution will continue.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM

31 posts, read 99,076 times
Some of y'all may already know, but the Founder of the Weather Channel, John Coleman, wants to sue Al gore because global warming is a fraud:
Al Gore The Weather Channel - TWC Founder Wants to Sue Gore - thedailygreen.com

Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Turn off right wing radio/blogs (and Al Gore, while we're talking about irritating sources of semi-information, spun to an agenda) and read the IPCC report.

The science says: the climate is changing, far more rapidly than it had been, and more rapidly than the usual climate cycles (including solar radiation changes) would predict. Variations in temperature (high and low) are larger and more frequent.

The biggest problem with this entire issue is that the media reports mostly the "talking points" of whatever political group is currently discussing climate change, and all the average paper/blog reader gets to see is the politicized version. It makes it easier to dismiss the science as an agenda, when what drives science is.... science. Unlike politics, you don't start with a conclusion in science and then work backward (unless you are doing a drug study funded by a drug manufacture or a climate change study funded by an oil company or Greenpeace).

Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Sorry. I big long paper that is controlled in its whole process of writing, editing, and revisions by government and politicians is the last thing I care to look at for truth. Besides, the next IPCC report will omit a few things and totally change a few things to cover up errors from the previous report.

I don't listen to right wing radio, and I don't even have television reception anymore at all because I stopped watching tv a while back. I do my part to help keep the air clean and cut down on waste. But I really don't care if the earth heats up a little. Its is a MUCH better alternative to it cooling.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I just hope that IPCC didn't cut down a lot of trees to print its bunk science. The bunk science isn't worth the paper its printed on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living