Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 11:02 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You must be so MUCH fun at parties.
So funny! I was thinking the same thing. Poor fellow, must be way way far down the Asperger's spectrum.

I do respect his level of education and memorization of lots of disjointed facts. Just weak on puting them into proper context and applying them correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 08:01 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There and unusual subset of bleeding heart types who think life is precious and we should overpopulate the planet with 30 billion people and that we could easily sustain this. They don't seem to think about the distribution system it would take to feed that many people. These grand ideas about how we could sustain civilizations by using only locally sourced foods aren't really practical.. in many areas the climate is too cold to sustain enough quantity and variety of food for such a situation, plus liberals themselves, the cultured ones, are the ones in society who most love to explore the world and have variety in their lives.. good luck getting them to stay stuck in one place eating a very limited variety of foods.

Basically to have all the modern amenities and items cultured liberals have come to enjoy requires use of natural resources... the fancy foods they eat, the jets they use to visit all the countries they visit, all these things require fuel, transportation, etc. EMP burst knocks out the grid for a year and within 6 months half the population is dead.. so no, supporting 30 billion people is not a smart idea, it would be very resource intensive, especially if they are all out there wanting to try every variety of food in existence and visit a different country every 6 months. You think all that flying is good for resource usage?

They preach about resource use and global warming but still use tons of resources for their own personal lifestyles (they are hypocrites who don't practice what they preach but many people of all political affiliations are like this) .. basically if you're out there preaching about global warming but you fly every week and have visited 30 countries, you should just keep quiet.. your lifestyle is not helping the environment so stop trying to tell other people how to live theirs.
So get out of the group. Easy peasy!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamba_boy View Post

So funny! I was thinking the same thing. Poor fellow, must be way way far down the Asperger's spectrum.

I do respect his level of education and memorization of lots of disjointed facts. Just weak on puting them into proper context and applying them correctly.
You don't respect anything. Get out of the group.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:23 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Since I live by the ocean and have for 49 of 51 years. (Lived in Iowa for 2 years then moved back) I have yet to see a change in sea level heights. Sea level in 51 years is the same or so small a factor that no one sees the difference. The biggest move should have happened sometime in the past 20 years or when ever Al Gore claimed that the Sea level would increase and wipe out the area I live in. Funny, maybe that is why he bought a home on the coast in the Santa Barbara area, to monitor the sea level. Indisputable: Gore buys Montecito villa - latimes

What a joke this claim that the sea level would rise. Yes it is a total fraud. Then again saying the sky is falling sure has made Mr Gore a rich man. Al Gore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Since I live by the ocean and have for 49 of 51 years. (Lived in Iowa for 2 years then moved back) I have yet to see a change in sea level heights. Sea level in 51 years is the same or so small a factor that no one sees the difference. The biggest move should have happened sometime in the past 20 years or when ever Al Gore claimed that the Sea level would increase and wipe out the area I live in. Funny, maybe that is why he bought a home on the coast in the Santa Barbara area, to monitor the sea level. [url=http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/08/home/la-hm-hotprop-20100508]Indisputable: Gore buys Montecito villa - latimes[/url]

What a joke this claim that the sea level would rise. Yes it is a total fraud. Then again saying the sky is falling sure has made Mr Gore a rich man. [url=http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/democrats/al-gore-net-worth/]Al Gore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth[/url]
Don't worry. There are some *actual* scientist working in your area with tools and technology well beyond your non-scientific anecdotal observation.

[url=http://www.independent.com/news/2016/mar/07/ucsb-researchers-studying-el-nino-sea-level-rise/]UCSB Researchers Studying El Niño Sea Level Rise[/url]

Old 11-22-2016, 03:15 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Don't worry. There are some *actual* scientist working in your area with tools and technology well beyond your non-scientific anecdotal observation.

UCSB Researchers Studying El Niño Sea Level Rise
Natural erosion has nothing to do with the sea level rising. When you talk actual scientist follow the money. Funding comes from those that want a specific outcome. For many years if scientist wanted money they needed to prove an outcome. Who doesn't want funding. Interesting thing is that many scientist have found the exact opposite of what these money following so called scientist have found.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Natural erosion has nothing to do with the sea level rising. When you talk actual scientist follow the money. Funding comes from those that want a specific outcome. For many years if scientist wanted money they needed to prove an outcome. Who doesn't want funding. Interesting thing is that many scientist have found the exact opposite of what these money following so called scientist have found.
You didn't read the article. If you did you'd know that they're studying both.

Also guess what.... hot off the press:

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-change-new-york-times/]Trump admits humans have 'some connectivity' on climate change - CNNPolitics.com[/url]
[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-visit.html[/url]

Donald Trump just did a major u-turn with his view of climate change. He's even considering keeping the US in the Paris Climate Agreement.

So.. what do you think happened here? A Republican President-elect with a Republican Congress and ability to appoint at least one Conservative Supreme Court Justice... he could easily keep going along with the denialism...

But he didn't.

WHY?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:44 AM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
You don't respect anything. Get out of the group.

Chill, FSB. We're on the same side of this issue. I was trying to disrespect IKB (Incubus Kalamitus Buttux) and his insulting the looks of everybody who disagrees with his pseudoscience.

True, though, what you said. I don't respect ANYTHING. That's what makes me a good scientist - always prodding and poking the known knowns (or what we think they are) to discover through exploration the unknowns (in the eloquent words of Donald Rumsfield).

Old 11-23-2016, 12:08 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There and unusual subset of bleeding heart types who think life is precious and we should overpopulate the planet with 30 billion people and that we could easily sustain this.
I am a little fuzzy on your terminology. Is a "bleeding heart type" the same as a liberal? Same as a tree hugger? 'Cause I am a dedicated tree hugger but I think life is cheap and the proper population of the earth is about 1/3 of what it is today.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:48 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Wait till the property insurance increases or can't refi/purchase because FEMA has declared your area a flood prone.
The insurance co doesnt care about climate change when it comes to floods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living