Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 AM

53 posts, read 90,642 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will likely be moving to Winston-Salem area in Spring of 2008 with 2 children under the age of 11. Could you who live in the area comment on what areas are more friendly and accepting of transplants from the north with housing that is $400,000 or less in price? I know from experience there are areas in Minneapolis/Saint Paul that are transplant friendly and others that are not.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 AM

550 posts, read 1,809,035 times
you can probably go anywhere....and for $400K, you'll get a huge house

Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM

27 posts, read 143,778 times
I moved here last year from Pittsburgh, and once you get here you'll realize that the majority of people aren't from around here originally either. People down here are about as friendly as it gets, and no one would make you feel unwelcome so to speak. I live on the southwestern part of WS, outside of the city and it's really a great place. Lots of police patrol so crime seems nonexistant in the area near my house, and the neighbors are some of the friendliest people I've ever came across. However I'd look into the schools since you have kids, the local public high school that serves my area is less than solid from what I've heard.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,069 times
I too am moving from Mpls. Do you have any hints, looks like you moved there in the beginning of 08?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:58 PM

525 posts, read 2,123,552 times
Most of the areas in the cities have no problem with "transplants" or as we call em, Yankees. I've moved lots of folks from Jersey and NY state to Kernersville and they love it. Kville is in between the 3 large cities (well, not large, per se) in the Triad and there are lots of folks there from bigger towns. Just closed on a great house for $250k in Kernersville just a mile or so from the highway and they couldn't be happier. Plus if you live in Kville you have 3 cities to choose from for things to do and places to shop. Plus the schools are good- check the NC Report cards- NC School Report Cards

Good luck!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
I would also suggest Kernersville. I am a transplant to Kernersville and I really love the people and the town. All my neighbors are really friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point