Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,446 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to High Point NC here in a few months. I am wanting to know where are the bad areas. I do not mind paying a little extra to live in an area that I can go outside after dark without my handgun like I do in Charlotte NC.

I also would like to know are there any rural areas nearby High Point? I would like to have some stretching room from living in Charlotte for 4 years.

Any information will be GREATLY appreciated. Also I am having trouble finding a good crime map of High Point and surrounding areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 04:41 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Anything north of hwy 68 (Weschester/Eastchester) is a reasonable, safe bet. The NE corner has seen the most new growth over the last 10+ years and there are subdivisions along Skeet Club Rd that still have a rural feel to them. There are areas in neighboring Davidson & Forsyth counties that are somewhat rural, but due to High Point's positioning, are minutes away from High Point. Word from the wise; if you are accustomed to many ammenities from living in Charlotte, High Point is going to be a jolt.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 PM

700 posts, read 1,647,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybrad View Post
My wife and I are moving to High Point NC here in a few months. I am wanting to know where are the bad areas. I do not mind paying a little extra to live in an area that I can go outside after dark without my handgun like I do in Charlotte NC.

I also would like to know are there any rural areas nearby High Point? I would like to have some stretching room from living in Charlotte for 4 years.

Any information will be GREATLY appreciated. Also I am having trouble finding a good crime map of High Point and surrounding areas.
as in any city there are bad areas. Even in the rural ones. Archdale is pretty good. Not sure where you will be working. The northside before getting into the city limits is pretty good. Out Eastchester going toward the airport has some good neighborhoods. Before you buy or sign a lease. Drive around. You can tell what is good what is bad.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 6,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybrad View Post

Hi there,

There is a great rural area just outside of High Point called Oak Ridge.
Its a small town with only about 5k people. Even though its rural it is nice enough for a couple of celebrities to call it home like Kevin Harvick (Nascar) and Chris Daughtry (American Idol)

Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,161,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Word from the wise; if you are accustomed to many ammenities from living in Charlotte, High Point is going to be a jolt.
True for High Point itself, but HP is just minutes from both Greensboro and Winston-Salem, which together offer lots to see and do. So I think you'll find the "jolt" won't be that great.

I should also add the Jamestown area since it hasn't been mentioned yet. Very nice area, and very convenient to all 3 triad cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point