Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times

Advertisements

Currently, I work in Martinsville, Va, and will be moving to Greensboro, NC later this year when I get married. I plan to commute from Greensboro to Martinsvlle for my job, but I don't know how long I am going to last doing so. Depending on where my fiancee and I find a house at, it might be as much as an hour and twenty minute commute.

Anyway, do any of you guys know of good companies in the area that might need a good I.T. guy? I'm sort of a jack of all trades, master at none! I would like to find an I.T. job that deals with either the medical or mental health industry, since that's the industry I work in currently. But, I'm open to any opportunities to continue my career in Computer Systems Tech in the Triad area. I would prefer companies in Greensboro, even though I've heard there is more in Winston Salem, but I want to get to know one area of the Triad at a time before moving on to the next, lol!

Any info is welcoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
This area is not exactly a hotbed for IT jobs, but there are quite many medical facilities around.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
This area is not exactly a hotbed for IT jobs, but there are quite many medical facilities around.
Yeah, I may still wind up having to search in Winston Salem, I just haven't gotten myself familiar with that area yet.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 PM

Area= Triad.
Unfortunately the triad didn't get to the tech level of Raleigh & Charlotte before the bubble burst. There are tech jobs here but you will have to dig to find them.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Area= Triad.
Unfortunately the triad didn't get to the tech level of Raleigh & Charlotte before the bubble burst. There are tech jobs here but you will have to dig to find them.
That's cool with me! I'm pretty patient. Have to be....I haven't ever had a raise at my job in the last seven years!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM

138 posts, read 419,135 times
You may want to try Integrity Consulting www.integrityc.com/ . I've never worked for them, but I know the owners and they are both good guys and I've known a lot of people who have had good experiences with them.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
That's cool with me! I'm pretty patient. Have to be....I haven't ever had a raise at my job in the last seven years!

I'm still having a hissy fit over not getting a raise two years in a row ('09, '10).

Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,384,109 times
I used to commute from Greensboro to Virginia. Have you looked at the local universities? Here's a start: View Current Job Listings at High Point University - High Point University Jobs

Also, you might want to see what the local governments in the triad are offering. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe8229 View Post
You may want to try Integrity Consulting www.integrityc.com/ . I've never worked for them, but I know the owners and they are both good guys and I've known a lot of people who have had good experiences with them.
Hhhmmm... I'll check them out..thanks!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

I'm still having a hissy fit over not getting a raise two years in a row ('09, '10).

Yeah, which I'll admit, when they interviewed me for the job years ago, they told me in the interview that I would never be making over X salary, but they made it out to be that all three of us that work in I.T. (my director, me, and the network admin) wouldn't and don't make over that particular salary. I later found out that my director makes a very nice salary (about $30k over the X I was telling you about) and just got a sizable raise, my co-worker got a raise during his 5th year with the agency (he's been here almost ten years) and I am the only one from my department to have never gotten a raise, other than the agency wide cost of living increases which have not been over 2% and have not been on a yearly basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point