Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 AM

8 posts, read 10,725 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Clemmons shortly. I will have a bachelor degree completed, but I need to take more undergrad courses so I am eligible to apply to medical school. My husband also wants to take more college and utilize his GI Bill money. I am curious what your opinions are about the colleges in the area, good and bad. I hear great things about Wake Forest, but of course it is a private university which means very high tuition. We are already going to amass a lot of debt from medical school when I start that so if we can avoid overly high tuition for the time being it would be good. I need to take physics, chemistry and whatever else I pick alongside those. His focus is IT/computer. We don't need to attend the same school although I do think it would be kinda "cute" to pass him in the hallway and slip him a love note hehe....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,041,305 times
Have you tried Winston-Salem State?

Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 PM

97 posts, read 315,782 times
If you'll have your undergrad degree and just need a few courses to apply to medical school, I would think you could take them at a state university like UNCG or at WSSU, especially if tuition cost is a factor.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,299,282 times
In addition to high tuition costs, Wake Forest is much less likely to accommodate part-time/adult students. Being all the way in Clemmons is going to make UNC-Greensboro one hell of a drive, 45 minutes each way at least. Look into programs at Winston-Salem State. It's one of the nicest urban campuses I've seen, and is probably the 2nd best historically black college in the state (behind NC Central in Raleigh). They offer part time and continuing education programs that would allow you to live at home, work, and take only the credits that you actually need to apply to med school. Forsyth Tech might be able to get you the courses you need for med school as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point