Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM

218 posts, read 417,330 times

Advertisements

Hello:
I am looking for a sock factory who makes socks from alpaca yarn. I know this area has a lot of manufacturing, and hopefully someone still makes good warm socks from merino wool and alpaca.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN.RidgerunninGal View Post
Hello:
I am looking for a sock factory who makes socks from alpaca yarn. I know this area has a lot of manufacturing, and hopefully someone still makes good warm socks from merino wool and alpaca.
Maybe this will help. There's a seller (HelensHosiery) on EBay who sells socks made by a family owned firm in North Carolina. She says they have been in business since 1954. The have an alpaca/merino mix sock with a design of a little alpaca on the side. So, if you just want to buy a pair of socks, they are $16-19 per pair on EBay.

If you want to locate the firm to buy wholesale quantities, try MacRae's Blue Book. Here's my attempt to find the firm: Get in touch with Neuville Industries Inc in Hickory, NC. Or try the companies at this resource: http://www.thomasnet.com/north-carol...6091602-1.html

Last edited by goldenage1; 10-18-2012 at 07:26 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Maybe this will help. There's a seller (HelensHosiery) on EBay who sells socks made by a family owned firm in North Carolina. She says they have been in business since 1954. The have an alpaca/merino mix sock with a design of a little alpaca on the side. So, if you just want to buy a pair of socks, they are $16-19 per pair on EBay.

If you want to locate the firm to buy wholesale quantities, try MacRae's Blue Book. Here's my attempt to find the firm: Get in touch with Neuville Industries Inc in Hickory, NC. Or try the companies at this resource: Socks in North Carolina (NC) on ThomasNet.com
Thank you goldenage1. I am aware of the socks on Ebay. I have not been able to get information on who makes them. Hopefully, I can contact this company with success. Thanks again

Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 PM

29 posts, read 51,311 times
about import from China? i am an importer

Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

Do you have alpaca socks - made from alpaca yarn?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 5,691 times
There's a sock maker called Renfro up in Mt. Airy that I am quite sure is wholesale only. They have some very nice socks that may or may not meet your needs. Alaska Knits, I believe, is the name of the wool blend socks I purchased at, of all places, Target the other day. They were about $8 a pair and are my new faves; remarkably comfortable. Might be worth a look.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM

583 posts, read 2,802,906 times
You might also try looking on Etsy.com, you'll have to read descriptions and possibly ask questions of the sellers, but you should be able to find some made in the US.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 683,047 times
Default Huffman Hosiery Mills

Quote:
Hello:
TN Ridge -

Huffman Hosiery Mills, 4919 Hickory Blvd, Granite Falls NC (over the mountain in NC between Lenoir & Hickory) is a family business where, for the last few years, I have been buying the most comfortable wool socks.

Their retail operation (828-396-2031) on Hickory Blvd (US 321, a block south of the new WalMart) sells "first quality" men's wool socks for about $4 a pair and bundles of "slightly irregulars" for about $1.50 each pair. Do not know if they are Merino sheep or alpaca wools. However, they are labeled as "wool."

Went looking online for the contact information - searching for them by their name. Was quite surprised to find that they have a very well-designed web-site and that this small two-brother operation has their show room in the Empire State Building!

Old 11-12-2014, 05:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,454 times
Smile finding the socks factory

Quote:
Hello:

Hi, sir:

have you found the socks factory yet? we are in this business. we can work on it with you.

Look forward to your reply!

philip

Old 11-12-2014, 06:36 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
I make my own. It's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point