Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

If you have been watching the news, my current city (Alexandria, VA) has joined the list of sanctuary cities for illegals. I'm trying to move to the Triad area at the end of next year. Just want to know how bad will it be with the illegals? I see an illegal in nearly every part of the city i'm in now. just be honest i can take it. I've heard illegals are flocking to NC like ants flock to picnics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
How can you tell by looking at someone whether they're illigal or not? Or do you stereotype and assume all hispanics/people who look like they're from foreign origin are illigal?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
I was doing a search (this stuff isn't hard to find out; just google it ). There are several sources which give various numbers (all sites note at least 300K in this state), but there is one caveat to being an illegal in NC: if they win the lottery, they shouldn't start planning on how to spend it. Or try to find a legal friend/family member who can be trusted to cash in the ticket and split the dough, 'cause the illegal sure will have a harder time collecting the winnings

N.C. Lottery prohibits illegal aliens from collecting big prizes - Lottery Post

Quote:
N.C. lottery rules require a winner of $600 or more to claim their prize at a lottery office, showing a photo identification and proof of a Social Security number. If the winner doesn't have a Social Security number, the lottery will accept: a U.S. passport, a foreign passport, an identification card issued by another state, a U.S. armed forces identification card, voter registration card or permanent resident card (green card), which is now pink or white.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
How can you tell by looking at someone whether they're illigal or not? Or do you stereotype and assume all hispanics/people who look like they're from foreign origin are illigal?
please take this to the immigration forum.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
please take this to the immigration forum.
I believe you started this thread. I was just wondering, that's all.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:56 PM

87 posts, read 164,236 times
I don't want to say anything that will get me in trouble, and cause drama. So instead you can just read my screen name.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Illegals? In North Carolina? Don't be silly. People who tell you that just don't want all these transplants moving there. Moving to North Carolina is just like moving to Maryberry, right? Surely there is no "problem" with illegal immigration or anything. I think everyone should move to North Carolina! Enjoy!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:42 PM

11 posts, read 26,643 times
Winston-Salem is flooded with illegals. Just go to Wal-mart on Saturday night at 8pm.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar65 View Post
Winston-Salem is flooded with illegals. Just go to Wal-mart on Saturday night at 8pm.
i'm not surpised i saw somewhere that winston-salem was a sanctuary city (i live in Alexandria, VA the country's newest sanctuary city.) still want to come to the triad now i have more accurate expectations.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:45 AM

37 posts, read 266,956 times
They are everywhere, I sure know that. Want to find out how bad, work at any hospital you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point