Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 22,951 times

Advertisements

My wife and 11 month old son and I will be relocating to Greensboro in the next few weeks. I have lived in Charlotte my entire life (except for 2 years in Boston). I know nothing about Greensboro and I am getting different stories about areas to live. People say Northwest area or Jamestown. We recently saw a house that we liked. It's near a Food Lion off of Holden Road. Does anyone know the area? Is that an OK part of town. If not any suggestions.

Looking for names of subdivision in the range of 160K to 190K. Preferably close to shops and restaurants but low crime rate. I work in downtown Greensboro. Right now commuting 1.5 hours each way to work until we find something. Thanks for any suggestions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 02:33 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Is it the Food Lion on Holden Rd. or on Groometown Rd.? I personally wouldn't choose the area near the Food Lion on Holden Rd.

Northwest Greensboro is a nice area and has the best schools. That would be my first choice. (We hope to move to that part of Greensboro in a couple years.) Jamestown is good, too.

If you like living in the country or outside of the Greensboro city limits, I like Pleasant Garden, Climax, Level Cross, Julian, Oak Ridge and Summerfield.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 AM

Thanks Niki!

Can anyone else suggest communities or sub-divisions to look into? I am commuting from Charlotte right now as we stiull have our house to seel. We see a lot of places online but not knowing the area or really having a chance to look around yet, we thought some good suggestions from locals would give us a good start. Again, looking in price range of 160K to 190K. Nice community for Kids. Our son is 11 months old.

Thanks again!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM

3 posts, read 24,905 times
I am 33 years old originally from NY and justed moved here from another little town within NC with my family, courtesy of the military.I have four children ranging from age 17, 13, 10, and 2. I live in Southeast Guilford county right outside the city limits (2 miles), So I get the best of both worlds, no city taxes! Education was extremely important to me as well so I did my research. My kids attend South Middle school, Southeast Highschool, and Alamance Elementary (all excellent schools multi-racial opposed to all black like most of the schools). The housing market here is cheap and I found it's that way because a major reconstruction took place a few years ago, eliminating alot of the project housing developments. Greensboro is quickly becoming a hotspot, so don't be alarmed by the cheap house prices. I almost moved to Charlotte, but got way more! house for my money here. I saved about 60,000 on a 3400 sq ft 5 bedroom 4 bathroom hm in an excellent subdivision. The schools in the Southeast are excellent as well.

Last edited by Jammie; 03-26-2007 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: edited words

Old 04-06-2007, 11:10 AM

550 posts, read 1,808,870 times
I'm selling a house in Jamestown - nice neighborhood, 3BR, 2.5BA, $154K, 1600 sq. ft., nice fenced-in yard...new paint exterior/interior, storage shed...can close as soon as you can.

MLS # H426511

Old 04-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Thanks, We have to sell our house in Charlotte 1st before we think about buying a home in Greensboro. One thing we must have for the house we buy is a 2 car garage. Thanks and Good Luck selling your home.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
For your price range, I'd look at homes in the Adams Farm community.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 AM

8 posts, read 26,487 times
I personally live in the country east of GSO. I can tell you about any of the communities surrounding GSO.

Moderator cut: keep contact info in profile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point