Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 02:27 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Is that hammer?

I'm sure the people at bellemeade are already complaining.
Looks like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 07:42 PM

Carroll at Bellemeade/Hyatt Place looking good. Need a few towers to the left of the Wells Fargo tower now. I hate it for those residents who live behind the score board.

Would have been nice if the far left end of Carroll at Bellemeade were 10 stories.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:36 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Carroll at Bellemeade/Hyatt Place looking good. Need a few towers to the left of the Wells Fargo tower now. I hate it for those residents who live behind the score board.

Would have been nice if the far left end of Carroll at Bellemeade were 10 stories.
no few towers proposed for the left, but there is a couple for the right lol.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:28 PM

Just some overal shots of the Ball park area.

Heard some Interesting conversations from out of town visitors regarding all the development while walking to the ball park, including a bunch of comparisons to durham and raleigh, alot of wows, oos and ahhs.

Found these gems tucked away.

Last edited by YinXyang; 06-22-2019 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 10:31 PM

Nice pics

Old 06-28-2019, 05:09 AM

What’s going on with the Westin?

Honestly in my opinion it seems everything is focused around the ballpark area only, the Westin lot is just a hole in the ground that is starting to grow trees, there has been zero announcements and zero coverage on any updates. I really don’t see Davie street becoming a development hotspot like the ballpark area.

And the last update we got was saying construction would start around spring, yet it’s already summer, 10 story class A office project slugger has already broken ground, the 8 story city parking deck is about to break ground soon, and Carroll’s south of the ballpark(20 story office, 9 story aloft and 4 story Condos) will break ground and probably finish before the Westin even gets off the ground, in my opinion, even the 8 story hampton&suits will be finished soon.

So what gives? Has the city given up on the Westin?

Westin’s website still says coming in 2020..but this seems like a dead project to me in its current state.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:31 AM

57 posts, read 51,362 times
I agree, the city needs to decide on the Westin space. If the hotel is not going to happen then they should move forward with a parking deck in that area. The hole is an eye-sore, and hurting businesses like Cincy's who have seen Feb. 1 closed now for over a year.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:02 AM

From what I last heard construction on the Westin project would begin sometimes between late spring and then end of the summer which would be August. I do know that some work is being done. The interior of the Elm Street Center which will be the Westin's meeting space is already undergoing renovation. But a spring 2020 opening date is not realistic. This is a public-private partnership project which is one reason why it's taking so long. The city of Greensboro needs to learn how to get these projects off the ground quicker.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-28-2019 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 05:55 AM

Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts set to be complete by January but another few months for finishing touches and will open in March.

The center will have some interesting features.

- “Schiffman’s Ring of Light,” named for the owners of Schiffman’s Jewelers, will be suspended over the seating area.
It will consist of 60 LED pieces, each measuring 3 feet by 12 feet. Among other functions, it will provide a timed countdown to the start of every performance.

- The venue will feature the Meyer Sound Constellation electronic acoustic enhancement system.
It combines electro-acoustic technology with the physical architecture to provide natural-sounding acoustics.

- the two-story, 8,000-square-foot, porcelain-floored lobby called Phillips Hall, will feature a massive piece of art made by an internationally known artist.

- The third floor will hold four pre-function spaces, including the Koury Ballroom and an outdoor terrace overlooking LeBauer Park.

- One of two interior art gallery spaces runs along the building’s North Elm Street side. Floor-to-ceiling glass there will enable passers-by to look in.

- There will be a large wrap-around outdoor marquee spanning one corner which will give it a NY Times Square feel.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...edce1bd.html#2

Recent photos. The parking lot is paved. I'm not a fan of all the surface lot but I understand the premium parking is part of the payment structure for the facility. Hopefully one day it will be replaced with development. There will still be enough parking with the 8 story Bellemeade parking deck located diagonally across the street.

Also construction has started on the 5th floor of the Hampton Inn and Suites

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-01-2019 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 07:41 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times
Is the Hampton Inn stalled? It doesn't look any different than it did more than a month ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point