Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2024, 07:32 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times

Advertisements

Not sure how many of you use instagram, but the new New Orleans themed bar (The Quarter) has opened, and it looked real nice from the posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 09:49 AM

32 posts, read 24,335 times
Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks for the head's up

Old 03-04-2024, 11:34 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Not sure how many of you use instagram, but the new New Orleans themed bar (The Quarter) has opened, and it looked real nice from the posts.
I was there this weekend. Very nice place. A little expensive ($14/cocktail and beer probably about $1-$2 more than I'd expect for starters) but not unmanageable. It's a great addition to downtown.

Also strolled up Elm to Inka Grill (Saturday night). It was quite lively around 6:00. Restaurants appeared to be steady but not PACKED. I was a little disappointed to see Pangea nearly completely empty though on my stroll back to my car (7:00ish). I'm excited to try them out but the pricepoint requires some planning. As for Inka, it was a solid spot and a little different from most of what we have around here. And only spent about $60 after tax/tip for two entrees (one steak and one seafood pasta), an app, and two Inka Colas. Very reasonable.

It was mentioned a while back that downtown could support 10 more restaurants. Not sure I agree... still need to work on getting more people downtown and downtown longer.

The Quarter was apparently packed all night. On the flip side, Fat Tuesdays appears to be closed.

Old 03-04-2024, 12:42 PM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
I was there this weekend. Very nice place. A little expensive ($14/cocktail and beer probably about $1-$2 more than I'd expect for starters) but not unmanageable. It's a great addition to downtown.

Also strolled up Elm to Inka Grill (Saturday night). It was quite lively around 6:00. Restaurants appeared to be steady but not PACKED. I was a little disappointed to see Pangea nearly completely empty though on my stroll back to my car (7:00ish). I'm excited to try them out but the pricepoint requires some planning. As for Inka, it was a solid spot and a little different from most of what we have around here. And only spent about $60 after tax/tip for two entrees (one steak and one seafood pasta), an app, and two Inka Colas. Very reasonable.

It was mentioned a while back that downtown could support 10 more restaurants. Not sure I agree... still need to work on getting more people downtown and downtown longer.

The Quarter was apparently packed all night. On the flip side, Fat Tuesdays appears to be closed.

fat Tuesday CLOSED!!! Like gone out of business closed?!?

Old 03-04-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
fat Tuesday CLOSED!!! Like gone out of business closed?!?
They were completely empty when I walked by and per Facebook, they're listed as "temporarily closed" with their last post on New Years Day. I went from New Years last year and it wasn't particularly busy.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
They were completely empty when I walked by and per Facebook, they're listed as "temporarily closed" with their last post on New Years Day. I went from New Years last year and it wasn't particularly busy.

Wow , as busy as that part of downtown is, I'm surprised at their closing! Wonder if it had been a Daquarie Factory as originally intended , if it would of continued to be open or the same fate.. looking forward to trying out the cocktails at The Quarter ! Hopefully the will have some good drink specials that help lower the price.. All these fancy craft cocktails are a tad over priced for the amount you get ! Downtown Greensboro restaurants and bars need to remember the local demo graphics.. us Greensboro residents aren't making the Charlotte and Raleigh wages! the last craft cocktail I got , I took my time and sipped it, as slowly as I could cause it would of been finished in 3 normal sips! On a side note. Pabalonos at Friendly has great 6 dollar margaritas on Sunday!! Nice size too!

Old 03-05-2024, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Wow , as busy as that part of downtown is, I'm surprised at their closing! Wonder if it had been a Daquarie Factory as originally intended , if it would of continued to be open or the same fate.. looking forward to trying out the cocktails at The Quarter ! Hopefully the will have some good drink specials that help lower the price.. All these fancy craft cocktails are a tad over priced for the amount you get ! Downtown Greensboro restaurants and bars need to remember the local demo graphics.. us Greensboro residents aren't making the Charlotte and Raleigh wages! the last craft cocktail I got , I took my time and sipped it, as slowly as I could cause it would of been finished in 3 normal sips! On a side note. Pabalonos at Friendly has great 6 dollar margaritas on Sunday!! Nice size too!
Honestly, I've always found that location (Fat Tuesdays) to be a bit awkward. I know Greensboro is a bit overbuilt with parking garages but that side of downtown could actually use one... though there might not be space.

As for The Quarter, I think they can make it. It's not THAT large of a bar... it's just done up nicely. I think there's enough people in Greensboro with disposable income to make it work. $14 is expensive for a cocktail but not out of line for a higher-end establishment. In bigger cities, $16-18 isn't out of the normal. I spent $25 in NYC for one last year... though it was more than just a glass... a lot more flair to it (one was in a smoking genie bottle for instance).

Don't forget that with inflation, a $14 cocktail in 2024 would be like $11 just five years ago.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I've always found that location (Fat Tuesdays) to be a bit awkward. I know Greensboro is a bit overbuilt with parking garages but that side of downtown could actually use one... though there might not be space.

As for The Quarter, I think they can make it. It's not THAT large of a bar... it's just done up nicely. I think there's enough people in Greensboro with disposable income to make it work. $14 is expensive for a cocktail but not out of line for a higher-end establishment. In bigger cities, $16-18 isn't out of the normal. I spent $25 in NYC for one last year... though it was more than just a glass... a lot more flair to it (one was in a smoking genie bottle for instance).

Don't forget that with inflation, a $14 cocktail in 2024 would be like $11 just five years ago.

If only I had hind site back then , id have drunk alot more of those 11 dollar cocktails . I was in Charlotte the day before new years and had a craft cocktail called the posseneta. It had great presentation but was 15 bucks .. I brought 2 .. so 30 bucks and nothing to eat. Affraid these might be the good old days for pricing.. I better start enjoying those 15 dollar ones, cause it could very well be 18 or 20 bucks soon!!

Old 03-06-2024, 04:11 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...pment-off.html

Didn't take long for Ryan Cos. to pull out of this project.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:05 PM

241 posts, read 236,754 times
Quote:
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...pment-off.html

Didn't take long for Ryan Cos. to pull out of this project.

Ugh that's tough. I read a few days ago the person spearheading the project was no longer with Ryan which made me wonder if this deal was still going to go through. I hope its not something wrong with the site itself that would make another developer hesitant. The only upside is it is the Ryan plan was somewhat boring. With the property being up for grabs it leaves open the door for something truly interesting to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point