Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 PM

79 posts, read 178,321 times

Advertisements

hello,
I visited to day collins st. Oh my God you can't beleive it is a bad area, is very bad I don't like it now I am looking for a house in winston salem near to clemmons .please what can you recommend me? what is the nicest areas i should look for.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 AM

247 posts, read 998,061 times
There are lots and lots of areas close to Clemmons that are decent neighborhoods. You really probably need to find an agent and get them to help you find a decent home. Just keep in mind that if you want to live in Winston, live in the West area of it. If that is too expensive you may want to consider the North Davidson area (Midway, Arcadia, etc). That area is pretty safe and you can get more home for the money.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippster View Post
There are lots and lots of areas close to Clemmons that are decent neighborhoods. You really probably need to find an agent and get them to help you find a decent home. Just keep in mind that if you want to live in Winston, live in the West area of it. If that is too expensive you may want to consider the North Davidson area (Midway, Arcadia, etc). That area is pretty safe and you can get more home for the money.
thanks like I appriciate your help.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 PM

13 posts, read 84,416 times
Also consider going north of Winston--e.g., King, NC. It's an easy drive to Winston via US52 or University Parkway. It also has some very nice neighborhoods at more reasonable prices than the Clemmons area.

Will you be working in Clemmons? Or in west Winston? Another place to consider is Lewisville. Clemmons is maxxing out on growth, so some of the growth is spreading to Lewisville. Yet it still has that country feel.

Clemmons used to be pretty rural; now it's where many of the upscale subdivisions are. Go figure. But you can also find some upscale (and pricy!!) subdivisions in King (which is till more hick-town-like than Clemmons). In King, though, prices are a little better, and you get more for your money.

If you want to be on the west side of Winston, and you have money to burn, consider the Country Club Road area. It's beautiful--a little older, so the landscaping is more mature. Absolutely gorgeous in the spring, when the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeski View Post
Also consider going north of Winston--e.g., King, NC. It's an easy drive to Winston via US52 or University Parkway. It also has some very nice neighborhoods at more reasonable prices than the Clemmons area.

Will you be working in Clemmons? Or in west Winston? Another place to consider is Lewisville. Clemmons is maxxing out on growth, so some of the growth is spreading to Lewisville. Yet it still has that country feel.

Clemmons used to be pretty rural; now it's where many of the upscale subdivisions are. Go figure. But you can also find some upscale (and pricy!!) subdivisions in King (which is till more hick-town-like than Clemmons). In King, though, prices are a little better, and you get more for your money.

If you want to be on the west side of Winston, and you have money to burn, consider the Country Club Road area. It's beautiful--a little older, so the landscaping is more mature. Absolutely gorgeous in the spring, when the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom.
I work in mocksville and I live in charlotte.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 10,474 times
Depending on the price range you are looking for I know of several spec homes that are priced between $137K and $184K, in a great community and a location that is imposible to and is 5 minutes from Clemmons. Let me know if you are interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point