Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:44 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times

Advertisements

My car navigation does not do a good job and I'm not sure Google Maps is much better. I know how to get to Wendover Avenue West, but from there I'm a little confused. Google says get on Benjamin Parkway South, but from the map looks like there is an exit after Benjamin Parkway that goes right to Green Valley Road, but the name of this exit isn't marked.

Can someone who is local give me advise about best directions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:50 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,378,220 times
Will you be eastbound or westbound on Wendover? If eastbound, take the Benjamin Parkway South exit, go to the light at Green Valley Road and turn right. GVG will be on your right. You don't actually get on Benjamin Parkway going south, just take the exit for it.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
If you are eastbound on Wendover, take the Benjamin Parkway exit as Google says, then turn left onto Green Valley Road and GVG will be a short distance on your left. If you go past Benjamin parkway, the next exit is Westover Terrace. It does intersect with Green Valley Road, but so does Benjamin parkway. Taking Westover Terrace is a longer route.
Thanks, I did find directions from the restaurant website, going West from Raleigh. I guess going west I want to pick up Benjamin Parkway South, does that look right to you? I don't want to get stuck in that interchange between Benjamin Parkway and Wendover.

Thanks for the reply.

From I-85 Southbound & I-40 Westbound (from Durham/Raleigh)

Take Exit for I-40West/I-85/To 70 (When I-40 splits you will go to the right, the signs will say to Greensboro)
Very soon after exiting onto I-40 West/I-85 Business, take Exit 227 for US-70
Go 2 miles to the end of this road. Road ends at a stop sign.
Turn right onto US 70. (This road becomes Wendover Avenue.)
Go 6.5 miles on Wendover Avenue and exit Benjamin Parkway South. (You will see the O.Henry Hotel at that exit.)
O.Henry Hotel and Green Valley Grill will be on your right.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:00 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,378,220 times
I edited my earlier response...ignore it. Yes, those directions are correct. From westbound Wendover, take the Benjamin Parkway South exit. You will come to a stoplight, which will be Green Valley Road. Turn right and GVG will be on your right. You don't actually get on Benjamin Parkway.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
I edited my earlier response...ignore it. Yes, those directions are correct. From westbound Wendover, take the Benjamin Parkway South exit. You will come to a stoplight, which will be Green Valley Road. Turn right and GVG will be on your right. You don't actually get on Benjamin Parkway.
Thanks very much!

Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,424,241 times
I love that pale. I hope OP does too.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I love that pale. I hope OP does too.
I have been there a few times and yes it's very good. I switched cars recently. Last time I tried using my new car's navigation and got lost but fortunately found the right direction after a few wrong turns. Last time I was in Greensboro I had lunch with a friend who had a rental car and was using Google maps on his phone to get around. I think that was doing a better job than my car did.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I have been there a few times and yes it's very good. I switched cars recently. Last time I tried using my new car's navigation and got lost but fortunately found the right direction after a few wrong turns. Last time I was in Greensboro I had lunch with a friend who had a rental car and was using Google maps on his phone to get around. I think that was doing a better job than my car did.
I have a rental right now. It's a 2015 Camaro. And I have a meeting in Raleigh tomorrow. Oh goody.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I have a rental right now. It's a 2015 Camaro. And I have a meeting in Raleigh tomorrow. Oh goody.
My friend seemed very happy with using Google maps on his phone. After we met him for lunch we got in his rental car and went to downtown Greensboro then back again just using his phone for navigation. That's not the same as driving to Raleigh but it might work for you too.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
My friend seemed very happy with using Google maps on his phone. After we met him for lunch we got in his rental car and went to downtown Greensboro then back again just using his phone for navigation. That's not the same as driving to Raleigh but it might work for you too.
Fortunately, I know where I'm going. My problem will be keeping my need for speed under control. That baby is fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point