Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times

Advertisements

Another thread in the Raleigh board made me think of this. Cost of gas being outrageous, I wonder if it would be fun to take the train from Raleigh or Durham to Greensboro. Unless the station is in a creepy area or the middle of nowhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
The Greensboroa Depot is actually really nice it just had a nice remodeling job.
It is a short walk to downtown from this station if you are doing a day trip with no luggage.

The station also is host of taxi and Greensboro transit in case you want to save a little walking but there is ample shopping, restaurants, dance venues in the downtown and in my opinion one of the most successful looking Southern charm downtowns in this state. There is some cool funky shops and unique furniture stores to check out.

I dont find where this is located creepy just that I would be onguard of my surroundings at night. As you make your trek to downtown try to stick to larger roads
Safe route walking:
Turn left on Washington St.
Turn Right on S Elm St and you will start to see the shops and restaurants.
Try to walk most of Elm and you will see a nice park on the right that is great in daytime or nightime.

J. Douglas Galyon Depot - Downtown Greensboro, NC

You will be within around 4 blocks from Downtown action.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-20-2008 at 11:46 AM..

Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Thanks Sunny!! That's exactly what I want, I'm going to do that soon!

Ooh, and only $8!

I know it's really close to drive but I love trains and am MAJORLY cutting back on my driving due to gas costs.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
One of our members here in the triad forum posted some good pictures of Center City Park right behind it is Afro American Cultural Center and unlike most I have seen, it rather a modern building. http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...ro-photos.html

One of my favorite stores that I have to stop in when is called Glitters on S. Elm St. there is loads of items that really make your head spin due to that place is literally filled from the room down on every wall. From retro, to modern, to gadgets, gag gifts, cards, t shirts and more.

Dont forget you day pack and camera.
Have fun and make sure you get your tickets for the weekend you desire ahead of time.
It never fails I always miss out on the local promos esp the State Fair the cheap tickets are always sold out for that event.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:49 AM

39 posts, read 111,504 times
Yeah, a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point