Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 PM

3 posts, read 10,487 times

Advertisements

I have to acknowledge it's so stupid to drive at that high speed. I feel really sorry about it. I got a citation from police officer and I have to appear in District Court at Mocksville in Oct. Driving at 85MPH in 70MPH zone in NC is recognized as reckless driving if I got convicted, which is a serious felony here in NC and it will show up whenever my future employer make my background check. I am scared to death now. Can anybody suggest me a good traffic lawyer here in Winston Salem? what's the chance of not having lawyer with me during court? Any comments will be highly appreciated!

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 07:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
You will get lot's of letters from lawyers.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You will get lot's of letters from lawyers.
Any suggestion in particular?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
ooo I remember this decades ago when I lived with my mom.... um what ticket? lmao

I concur there is lawyers who hover on incident watch to send you mail.
If you have an attorney to work with you to try get it least drop less than 15 mph over stick with ones that you are getting from Davie County.
Toss out the ones from Winston that you are probably getting as well. You want someone who will be there and lives there and knows the judges and DA's to help things ride a little smoother for you.

I dont know an attorney and can only say be careful in Davie County those cops are real sticklers to catch people breaking the law.

If you go to court dress like you are going to a job interview, wedding or funeral.
This leaves a good impression on the judge.
You will stick out of the crowd but that is a good thing because you are showing you have respect for the court.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:46 PM

29 posts, read 101,147 times
Try Clyde Cash who is with Wells & Jenkins Law Firm. He specializes in traffic tickets. I know...personally *heheh*

Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
WoW a few years back a state trooper pulled me over in Lexington doing 77 in a 55 zone. I was late for work that morning and the trooper was in front of me and he got me with his rear radar. On top of that I wasnt wearing my seatbelt which is extremly rare for me. But despite all that the trooper was easy on me because my record was so clean. He changed it from 77 to 70 and I didnt get my licence taken away from me. It just goes to show it depends on the officer and what mood he is in at the time. I'm 30 years old and Ive only received two traffic violations in my life. But I do remember getting letters in the mail from traffic attorneys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point