Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 04:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,364 times

Advertisements

My husband will most likely be relocating for work in the next year or so and will be working south.southeast of Greensboro. What are some nice towns in that area, or maybe in between Greensboro and Raleigh, that have good schools? I'm in the science/bio-tech field and am not sure what job opportunities I'll have in Greensboro or whether I'll have to commute to Raleigh. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:12 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,397 times
So many towns in that area so we need to think about schools.
Check the NC Report cards site- NC School Report Cards
In Guilford County in the SE area you have pleasant Garden, Climax and Julian and down into Randolph you get some Liberty and Randleman.
Along the highway toward Raleigh you have Gibsonville, Mcleansville, Whitsett, and then into Alamance County you got your Burlington and points east.
Good luck!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 11,517 times
There are great towns in the Southeastern part of Greensboro NC Housing is reasonable you are still in Guilford County or you are close to the Alamance County line which is where Burlington, Mebane and Graham are located. Both these areas, southeastern Guilford County and Alamance Country are growing. Let me know if I can help! Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM

5 posts, read 8,639 times
The town closest to south/southeast Greensboro is Mcleansville area. This area is not likely an ideal commute to Raleigh. If you are looking for something mid way between Greensboro and Raleigh, I'd try Mebane. Good schools and great town to live in! Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point