Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 AM

40 posts, read 157,405 times

Advertisements

My AC stopped blowing cold air so I called Davidson Heating and Air in Lexinton and they quoted an $80 service call - fair enough. But then the tech was only here 30 minutes and installed a "Hard Starter" (a $30 piece of equipment) and then billed me for $220.44!!!!!! Are you kidding me? I would never recommend a company that gouges customers like this.

Does anyone know a good, reliable and FAIR HVAC company in the Lexington area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM

254 posts, read 925,292 times
Try Air/Heat Mechanical in Clemmons. I've never had to use them, but I had neighbors who did and have since raved about them.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
a) Was the $80 included in this amount or was the final bill $300.44? If the total cost was $220.44 that means about $110.00 was additional labor.
b) Did they fix the problem?
c) Were they up front with the cost of the repair?
d) Did you agree to the cost/repair?

If the answers to b,c, & d were 'yes' IMO that doesn't make them a bad HVAC company, this makes you clueless on the value of experience. I'm guessing you thought the $80 should have covered the labor and you probably think that would have been fair deal had the tech spent 2hrs or more on troubleshooting/repairing. But because the tech was experienced (assuming he/she was) your system was up and running quickly. Maybe your next course of action should be $15 spent at Barnes & Nobles for 'HVAC for Dummies' and you repair it yourself.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Default Are you kidding!

I own a heating and air conditioning company in Florida, I try my hardest to keep my costs down but there is so much more overhead that goes into this field. I know your post is 4 years old but it would cost around $300 total for hard start. Keep in mind it could have been so much worse, there are so many companies around here will think or lie and tell you the compressor is bad and the cost would be ALOT more. I think you are calling out this company and their prices for no reason and if we went around doing everything for what we pay guess what would happen. Do you know how many cents it cost's to make a CD and yet what people pay for them!! Stop complaining it sounds to me like you got good service

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,727,168 times
That's actually not that bad. Just be thankful you didn't need any R-22, you would have died!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point