Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 07:46 AM

13 posts, read 158,427 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on Heather Hills? Does anyone know what kind of shape the homeowners association is like? Are there lots of dogs in the community? What about crime, should I worry about my car getting broken into parked outside my townhouse? Any and all info would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:56 PM

13 posts, read 158,427 times
anybody?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,566 times
Ok, as a proud condo owner in Heather Hills for about 5 years now I think I can answer your questions!

As far as the homeowner's assc......not to sure what you're looking for there as far as info. There is a board that meets each month to decide on assciation business and the like. As far as what they do, they take care of the grounds, mow your particular lot, keep up the pool area, etc. This runs you around $120/month....sounds like alot but it also covers the insurance on the property less your personals inside your dwelling, for which you only need an HO3 insurance policy to cover your belongings INSIDE the home, which in my case only runs me about $35/month.

I wouldn't say they community is overrun by dogs by any stretch of the immagination, but they are there. and with the grounds being so large, there is PLENTY of space for their owners to walk them. They are not a hinderance in any way.

As far as crime: none to speak of. Again, I've lived there for over 5 years now with not a single incident and we park right outside our place.

To be quite honest with you, and I don't know what your level of interest is in the community but my wife and I are actually planning to put our townhouse on the market very soon. We had a daughter two years ago now and are simply wanting a bigger place now. If not for that we would be staying because we've enjoyed it so much. Our place is one of the largest if not the largest florplan in the community: 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with a formal dining and huge living room. all beds are upstairs and the laundry is also which makes it very convienet!

Again, didn't mean to overstep my bounds with all the info there on my place, but didn't know if you were looking for a place in there or not.

Hope it all helps! And let me know if you want to know any more!

Cheers!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 PM

254 posts, read 924,971 times
As you can see on the WSPD website, Heather Hills has had at least 30 incidents/arrests since the first of the year. As with most neighborhoods of its type, those incidents tend to be property crime, such as theft and vandalism, including B&E.
What I want to know is what's up with their tennis courts. Good luck convincing people to buy in a neighborhood with tennis courts that look like they've been abandoned for a decade. They need to either resurface them or replace them with something that will get more use, because keeping that blackened dump in its current state is guaranteed to turn most people away.
And what about the golf course? Is it a golf course? Do people play there? Because I've never seen anyone out there playing golf. Lots of dog owners letting their pets relieve themselves and not picking up after them, but no golfing.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,742 times
I have lived here for two years and I can say we have had a few incidents but not to many. The worst part is the maintenance guys follows people around as if they are going to steal the grounds. LOL The tennis court is indeed horrible, for the price of the pool it should look better. There is pooper scooping signs but its not enforced. I have three dogs and I clean up after them who wants to smell or better yet step in dog mess. The grounds can be taken care of better they only groom the parts that can be seen from the street althought they are supposed to groom all Heather Hill land. The golf course is now being reopened and it looks good. The enviroment is okay and I can say overall I enjoy living in Heather Hills.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 AM

115 posts, read 179,111 times
Isimpson0830 - you do realize this thread is 2 years old?

Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
Isimpson0830 - you do realize this thread is 2 years old?
You catch on quick Lori.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:32 PM

115 posts, read 179,111 times
Not according to my daughter.. :-)

Maybe simpson0830 is ngonzal1 come back to update us, two years later. ?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
Answering their own question? Funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point