Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellagrace View Post
BMW may hire 20 or so people every 4 years or so. That is to just keep people interested in employment there. I worked there for ten years and left. I was a permenant associate. All ten years were spent on B shift from 8 at night to 6:40 am. My best advice to anyone who wants employment there is to keep looking for permenant work. I now work for another up and coming company in the upstate. BMW helped me get my foot in the door, I'm sure of that. All said and done I'm glad I left. Expect to get laid off with little to no notice when volume drops. Good Luck, hope this helps in your decisions.
Ellagrace, you seem to be forgetting BMW has opened an entire second factory / production line with the addition of the X3 and the crossover. They are hiring to fill jobs for the additional volume. Nice growth.
We're glad you found another job you like better. This news of 600 additional hires is music to some peoples ears who might not have a job.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,329,214 times
That's good, but companies are really taking advantage of people because of this recession. Truth be known many of these companies are making more profit than they ever have.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Truth be known many of these companies are making more profit than they ever have.
Good for the companies.
Free enterprise should hold onto the money they make and build up a war-chest of funds......they'll need the money with the future debacle known as "Obamacare" (which hopefully will be overturned).

Old 10-04-2010, 06:42 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,472,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good for the companies.
Free enterprise should hold onto the money they make and build up a war-chest of funds......they'll need the money with the future debacle known as "Obamacare" (which hopefully will be overturned).
I agree.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
Quote:
That's good, but companies are really taking advantage of people because of this recession. Truth be known many of these companies are making more profit than they ever have.
That's very true, but they're sitting on the $$ because they're looking ahead.... The future for businesses big & small is VERY uncertain... They and their leaders are under attack in the current political climate...

Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,329,214 times
What about the little guy who needs to feed his family? Do you all own businesses that are taking advantage of the little guy?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 PM

68 posts, read 195,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellagrace View Post
BMW may hire 20 or so people every 4 years or so. That is to just keep people interested in employment there. I worked there for ten years and left. I was a permenant associate. All ten years were spent on B shift from 8 at night to 6:40 am. My best advice to anyone who wants employment there is to keep looking for permenant work. I now work for another up and coming company in the upstate. BMW helped me get my foot in the door, I'm sure of that. All said and done I'm glad I left. Expect to get laid off with little to no notice when volume drops. Good Luck, hope this helps in your decisions.

ELLAGRACE, good to see people telling the truth about these places...as peter from family guy would say, good job louis, good job

Old 10-04-2010, 08:35 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branman79 View Post
ELLAGRACE, good to see people telling the truth about these places...as peter from family guy would say, good job louis, good job
People aren't forced to take these jobs. It's their choice. People like you complain when jobs don't get created and still complain when they do. Half of the reason the economy isn't improving more quickly is because of the pessimistic attitude of the negative nancies.

Last edited by g-man430; 10-04-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good for the companies.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
What about the little guy who needs to feed his family? Do you all own businesses that are taking advantage of the little guy?
So lets tell BMW NOT to hire 600 additional people. Or better yet, lets ask BMW to close the factory and fire all 7,000 people. Talk about hurting the little guy!

BMW's average 45K salary helps the little guy. If the little guy wants to make a 6 figure income, the little guy should go to college, work hard, and go to work for BMW as a high paid manager, open his own business or go into some high paying profession.

That is the great thing about the freedom of the US. The little guy can choose to be anything he wants to be and do anything he wants to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area