Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM

835 posts, read 2,306,440 times

Advertisements

I was mostly expressing that I didn't think the argument being used holds up.

Every sin is not equal, IMO. Yes, in God's eyes but in a human sort of way...no.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM

64 posts, read 131,136 times
Hate crimes? Wow, people really have a poor, and I must say ignorant view of the South. There are plenty of gays in Greenville, and no there are no roving gangs of violent "evil" Christians beating them up. Please stop getting your views of the South from Hollywood and the media.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:14 PM

503 posts, read 937,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
No, it's not as bad. Some things people take so literally from the bible are downright silly. It's such an old book...and we don't know how drunk or high they were while writing half of the stuff in there. I'm not trying to be funny, but there was plenty of wine to go around at the time and there were both recreational and hallucinogenic drugs. Stories also become over exaggerated over time. Who knows how much stories changed before being written in the bible.

I'm not trying to put anyone down or say anyone here is wrong. Believe what you want, you're free to do so. I just think that it's ok to question some things, especially the most ridiculous of stories. If anybody walked up to me and said a guy just parted a sea and walked through I would ask them what drugs they were on...because that's absolutely crazy. If I saw that myself I would have a completely different outlook on life and I'd be in church every Sunday...but I refuse to believe certain things that are in a book that old.

I am sorry but you are so ignorant. Its called faith, because WE believe what we cannot see. The reason people dont believe is because, if there is something bigger than them, then they have to answer to someone for their wrong doings. Why dont people who are Bible haters not speak about it, cause they just make themselves look foolish.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
I am sorry but you are so ignorant. Its called faith, because WE believe what we cannot see. The reason people dont believe is because, if there is something bigger than them, then they have to answer to someone for their wrong doings. Why dont people who are Bible haters not speak about it, cause they just make themselves look foolish.
he already apologized for the comment, no need to kick a dead horse...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
he already apologized for the comment, no need to kick a dead horse...

Sorry I just saw the apology after I wrote my piece.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:08 PM

617 posts, read 2,572,834 times
It's all good.

I will respect any person's beliefs no matter what they are, because if they truly believe that what can you do? I don't run around telling people they're wrong and I don't expect to be told that I'm wrong either. I went to church from the time I was born until somewhere around the age of 17. Some people (ok, most...) come out of church with faith and beliefs that I am truly jealous of, but I'm not going to lie to you and say I believe everything I heard there. I'm sorry that I don't agree with you and the millions of other Christians, I just don't...as simple as that.

I don't read books on satan, don't practice witchcraft, not a member of any cults, I don't break laws...I'm not a bad person. If you knew me I think you would honestly have a hard time NOT getting along with me.

I do believe that there was a man who did great things, and his name was Jesus...but I guess that's not enough. I try my best to get along with all people though.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 PM

9,533 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
this thread is TWO YEARS OLD!
And its absolutely ridiculous except for the few posts that were respectful and informative. Really much of what is on this is very disrespectful to the person that started it. Most of what is being written is peoples views on gays and nothing to do with the questions asked. I wouldn't blame that family if they never moved to Greenville after reading what some people wrote on this thread.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
And its absolutely ridiculous except for the few posts that were respectful and informative. Really much of what is on this is very disrespectful to the person that started it. Most of what is being written is peoples views on gays and nothing to do with the questions asked. I wouldn't blame that family if they never moved to Greenville after reading what some people wrote on this thread.
But I guess from the conversation on the thread they got the information they needed to know about how Greenvillians feel about having more openly gay people move to the area. I may not be speaking for most on this forum, but if you asked most of the people in the area, the answer would be, we dont want it. I dont hate gay people, but i do not agree with what they do and I dont want to raise my kids in a city where they promote that kind of unnatural lifestyle. I dont think people were being disrespectful, i think they were letting him know how they feel, and that was what he asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area