Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

How difficult would it be to at least throw grass seed around the property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 11:55 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Can this place PLEASE, PLEASE get some landscaping and get rid of all the red clay?????
I know, right? This place is currently the Qwikees of winter parks.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:19 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I know, right? This place is currently the Qwikees of winter parks.
They should change the name to "Muddy Joes". I was by the place on Sunday on the way back in from Thanksgiving. Just really a pathetic level of execution.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:01 AM

62 posts, read 148,512 times
If only they did indoor snowboarding...

Old 05-27-2012, 10:35 AM

128 posts, read 220,550 times
This past week they've had these giant bouncy castles set up around the place. I guess they figure if kids don't like sliding when it's 90° surely they'll like bouncing in 90°. I'd take my daughter but she tends to have an aversion to burns and blisters, much better to go indoors to Gigglebugs or Monkeyjoes.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozle1976 View Post
This past week they've had these giant bouncy castles set up around the place. I guess they figure if kids don't like sliding when it's 90° surely they'll like bouncing in 90°. I'd take my daughter but she tends to have an aversion to burns and blisters, much better to go indoors to Gigglebugs or Monkeyjoes.
they changed the name to splashy joes and rented and/or purchased a bunch of inflatable water slides.......

Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 PM

271 posts, read 796,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
they changed the name to splashy joes and rented and/or purchased a bunch of inflatable water slides.......
That's awesome. Nothing better than going down a water slide, then trekking through red clay to get to the next one. Oh, even better, since the feet and legs are now covered with red clay, that comes off on the slides as you go down, then the next person gets to have their swimsuit stained on the butt, as they slide through your clay streaks! Leaving with red-clay tinted skin, red-clay covered feet. Sounds like a blast...can't wait to take my children there so they can trek some of that wet, red clay into my car.

Oh, wait, I just saw pictures on their FB page....they've put blue tarps down under all of the slides.....because you know, those won't get HOT for bare feet in the hot July sun.

And now I am having fun with this...because I see that they are just the basic water slides connected to a garden hose...and some of this little "pool" at the end to land in. Unlike a real pool or waterpark slide, this water in this little "pool" is not filtered or cycling through treatment....it's simply just sitting there as each child lands in it, steps in, germs it up...and it just sits there, . . . .and sits there...ick. Wonder how that could have even passed a county inspection???

Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Did this place close permanently? I really think it would do better for snow tubing in the winter and a small water park in the summer. (something bigger than the Greenville waterparks ie: wave pool, bigger slides and lazy river for the older kids)

Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
I think Snowy Joe's was doomed from the start. Having one slide with multiple lanes and nothing else to show for does make for a dull experience. If it had more to offer in attractions and be able to promote itself better, then it would have had more success.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 AM

306 posts, read 689,368 times
They had a limited idea to begin with. Now days you must be diversified. Maybe a mini golf course, slide could have been snow in the winter/ water in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area