Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:11 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Pizza City and Moretti's. End of story.
Pizza City is my favorite pizza in Greenville.

Haven't tried Moretti's yet. It's on the to-do list now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Don't know how this place is as I have never tried it before but Papa Murphy's will be opening soon in the North Hampton Market shopping center (Petsmart/Target/Hobby Lobby one) next to Panera Bread on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Taylors. Hey, not Woodruff Road for once. Construction bids go out April 1st. Website: Papa Murphy's | Take 'N' Bake Pizza

Oh and that S'mores pizza on the front page of their website...somebody slap me.
My family and I really enjoyed Nick-n-Willy's while they were located on Augusta Road in Greenville (only location east of the Mississippi River). Hopefully Papa Murphy's will be similar. We will likely try them if so.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post

If you enjoy Pizza City (the food), then you really ought to try Torrelli's Pizzeria (fb). This is a sincere recommendation from someone whom raved about Pizza City for decades.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Now, if we could just get TJ's on Wade Hampton...
I doubt Wade Hampton Boulevard fits into Trader Joe's preferred demographics. It prefers to be located near popular destinations.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
It's tough to find good dine-in pizza places. Even in NYC, all the pizza places are either lousy environments (read: a few tables and chairs not really designed for eating) or solely take-out places. That's fine with me for the most part, but occasionally it would be great to go to a welcoming pizza place, eat some good pizza, have a beer or two, etc. in a nice environment. Why aren't there places like that these days?
I agree with you. Most patrons love to dine and enjoy the atmosphere of a local pizzeria.

I already mentioned Pizza Hut's folly. Right now, it seems someone lacks the will to expand into dine-in pizzeria deserts even with bad economic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Pizza City and Moretti's. End of story.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
If you enjoy Pizza City (the food), then you really ought to try Torrelli's Pizzeria (fb). This is a sincere recommendation from someone whom raved about Pizza City for decades.
Pizza City is good.

I have tried Moretti's twice. The first time was at Pelham Court. It was a great experience then. It relocated to Mauldin a few years ago. I tried its new location then, and thought it was okay.

Torrelli's Pizzeria concerns me. They are good about its portions. They severely lack in service, having an ample supply of beverages, and cleanliness/sanitation. If I am out near Furman, I feel confident to dine at Greenville's only true Pizza Hut.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 AM

192 posts, read 429,415 times
Papa Murphy's pizza is quite good. We had one nearby before we moved to SC nearly 9 years ago. Used to get pizza there all the time!

Several years ago, there was a Papa Murphy's inside the Woodruff Road Wal-Mart. (That was a recipe for disaster!)

Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbarth View Post
Several years ago, there was a Papa Murphy's inside the Woodruff Road Wal-Mart. (That was a recipe for disaster!)
Wow - I love all the "gee I didn't know that" factoids you get on this forum!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,207 times
My family really likes Paisano's on the corner of Pelham/Batesville Rd. and Route 14. It's not fancy, but it's dine-in and a family-friendly atmosphere.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Pizza City is good.

Torrelli's Pizzeria concerns me. They are good about its portions. They severely lack in service, having an ample supply of beverages, and cleanliness/sanitation. If I am out near Furman, I feel confident to dine at Greenville's only true Pizza Hut.
This comment is baffling because my experiences within the last two years at Torrelli's have always been positive. Would you please expound your allegations that Torrelli's "severely lacks in service, having an ample supply of beverages, and cleanliness/sanitation" (I haven't noticed any reason for concern, especially in regard to the latter), and explain why you said nothing about the cleanliness of Pizza City and/or Pizza Hut in comparison?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
This comment is baffling because my experiences within the last two years at Torrelli's have always been positive. Would you please expound your allegations that Torrelli's "severely lacks in service, having an ample supply of beverages, and cleanliness/sanitation" (I haven't noticed any reason for concern, especially in regard to the latter), and explain why you said nothing about the cleanliness of Pizza City and/or Pizza Hut in comparison?
On service, it took several minutes to be recognized dining in. The staff was watching television or conversing. Then, it takes several more minutes to take drink order and come back with refills.

Speaking on refills, they are limited on how much quantity on beverage to serve. Usually, people go through 2 to 3 refills on beverages. When you fail to have enough soda or tea, you have issues.

As for cleanliness and sanitation, do you want to eat in a dining area exposed to flour and pizza dough soiled on carpet, then have no one clean it up?

Pizza City and Pizza Hut were excluded because they operate better eateries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area