Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Are prices rising as well?
Pricing are remaining steady, which is excellent in this market. More importantly, very few concessions are being made. There are also a lot of cash sales for the homes, mainly from empty nesters that are downsizing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,692 times
I'm curious what the stats are on how much buyer closing costs are paid by the seller. (Seller Contributions to the Buyers closing cost?) It was mentioned as ~3% a few posts up, is this the norm these days?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,078 times
That's interesting info. Is that just for apartment developments?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:26 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
I'm curious what the stats are on how much buyer closing costs are paid by the seller. (Seller Contributions to the Buyers closing cost?) It was mentioned as ~3% a few posts up, is this the norm these days?
FHA loans are capped at a max 3% seller contribution. I find that most sellers will contribute to the buyer's closing costs including banks owned properties. Some properties sell for more than list price but when you look at the sales figures you see that the seller added back the contribution to closing to the sales price. It is all about bottom line or net.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,078 times
I think it is situation specific. Depending on the type of loan, sellers motivation & need, they may or may not pay the closing cost. I agree with Rivudu, it depends on bottom line.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Oh my gosh!!! Please don't tell me they want to build more apt complexes on Woodruff Rd.

Goodie goodie. Just what Woodruff Rd. needs. The more traffic the better!

I wonder if apt complexes are in more demand now because of the foreclosures and short sales and people not being able to get loans to buy homes. They don't have any other choice but to rent. I wouldn't be surprised if rentals become more expensive now because of the demand.

I also wonder if building a new home is cheaper also....not sure but maybe this is why newer homes are going up? People maybe can't sell pre-existing homes because they won't make much if any money with all the foreclosures and short sales out there. I could have sold mine but I wasn't willing to sell it for what I bought it for 7 years ago. Realtor told me I was lucky I didn't have to sell and that I didn't have to take a loss. She said so many sellers had to sell and bring money to closing. Ouch! I decided to just keep my house for awhile longer and see if things improve.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-18-2012 at 11:21 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Oh my gosh!!! Please don't tell me they want to build more apt complexes on Woodruff Rd.

I wonder if apt complexes are in more demand now because of the foreclosures and short sales and people not being able to get loans to buy homes. They don't have any other choice but to rent. I wouldn't be surprised if rentals become more expensive now because of the demand.

I also wonder if building a new home is cheaper also....not sure but maybe this is why newer homes are going up? People maybe can't sell pre-existing homes because they won't make much if any money with all the foreclosures and short sales out there. I could have sold mine but I wasn't willing to sell it for what I bought it for 7 years ago. Realtor told me I was lucky I didn't have to sell and that I didn't have to take a loss. She said so many sellers had to sell and bring money to closing. Ouch! I decided to just keep my house for awhile longer and see if things improve.
The new apartment complexes on Woodruff Road are further down towards Lauren's Road. Most the traffic that backs up occurs past Roper Mountain Road towards i-85.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:03 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:

Did ya HAVE to post a picture with a 1975 Ford Maverick in it??

Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,221 times
Quote:

They are. All rentals are in high demand and the prices have skyrocketed. There are several articles popping up about it; most recently from the asheville citizen times saying rental rates have risen by ~4% in asheville. Another that says Greenville is THE toughest rental market in the country.

I have been looking for a nice rental for under 1000 a month that allows dogs for over a year(paying way too much for the crummy house we had to settle on due to time constraints). Anything in that price range is falling apart, in a bad location, gross, and old. Its extremely frustrating. If I had a permanent job (which I don't due to being on a gov. contract) it would be much much cheaper for me to take a risk and buy a house. I could easily get a mortgage payment around 600-700 dollars a month on something new and/or nice. Very upsetting and stressful.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Are prices rising as well?
State wide they seem to be-

“Home prices gazed skyward,” the trade association said, as it reported the median sales price increased 2.6% to $140,000.

Source: GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area