Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,082,059 times

Advertisements

I understand it is a subjective question. We moved to Gville in 2011. Our son went to Brushy Creek and did pretty well. Since having full custody, he has always made honor roll and stayed pretty much out of trouble. Now he is at Gville middle, and has terrible grades and behaviorally not well, and he is bullied quite a bit.. He has an IEP, and is high functioning on the autism spectrum so he is not pulled from class, but rather has a teacher come to class once a day to check in. Something obviously isn't working, and the resource teacher, principal, and other teachers either don't know how to help hhim or don't care.

So, our lease ends in May and we will have an opportunity to move. I am not that impressed so far w/ his school, and am exploring other options and can hopefully move to a new home in the area. Is there anybody else who has child w/ similar issues, and can recommend a decent school?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,709 times
We have moved our child into private school due to some of the issues you have stated above. You can search for Einstein Academy online for information. Also, there is an open house on Thursday evening if you want to learn more.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM

596 posts, read 937,418 times
I found this on the internet, I give this woman a call and ask her:
Greenville Autism Spectrum Support Group
Information and support
Julie Kellett
29 North Academy Street
Greenville, SC 29605
864-331-1340

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,169 times
My son is dyslexic and did not do well in Greenville County schools. His teacher suggested I try Connections Academy through the SC Charter School District. This is our 4th year and it has been wonderful. Not perfect, but a much better fit for my son. Since it is part of the Charter School District, it is free.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,962 times
Have 4th grade boy with Aspergers in regular Greenville elementary, but signs of anxiety at school are becoming evident this year. Social interactions & situations more than academic difficulties. Is there a local school setting that would be more suitable & what would be the cost?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,709 times
Einstein Academy has a small student body (about 40 students, grades 4-9). The kids have daily PE, typical academic classes (ELA, math, science, etc.), and related arts - including social skills classes. The student/teacher ratio is low (6:1, I think). Tuition for 4th - 8th grade is $675/month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area