Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 06:21 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Are you sure they're just not replacing it with a digital one?
They were putting up a new one when I came home this afternoon...GRRR end the ugliness...on a side note went to golden chick on pelham the other night and have to say I would welcome a second location from them somewhere on this end of woodruff rd. Personally I think it was better than zaxbys and KFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 06:29 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
They were putting up a new one when I came home this afternoon...GRRR end the ugliness...on a side note went to golden chick on pelham the other night and have to say I would welcome a second location from them somewhere on this end of woodruff rd. Personally I think it was better than zaxbys and KFC.
Better than kfc isn't hard to do. They've really gone downhill. Zaxby's on the other hand is pretty good. I tried Golden Chick a couple of weeks ago, and I have to agree; they're pretty good. As good as Bojangles, maybe better. I also would welcome a second location on Woodruff.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Better than kfc isn't hard to do. They've really gone downhill. Zaxby's on the other hand is pretty good. I tried Golden Chick a couple of weeks ago, and I have to agree; they're pretty good. As good as Bojangles, maybe better. I also would welcome a second location on Woodruff.
I agree with the comments about KFC as they have gotten terrible. They need to drop all of the bowls/wraps until they can learn how to fry chicken again. A combination of bad preparation and poor quality chicken. Golden Chick is definitely better. A nice alternative to Bojangles but I must say Bo's dirty rice and cajun pintos are hard to beat. I do wish Bo would bring back the spicier seasoning. Oh, I did sample GC's catfish and it is very tasty.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:31 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
I agree with the comments about KFC as they have gotten terrible. They need to drop all of the bowls/wraps until they can learn how to fry chicken again. A combination of bad preparation and poor quality chicken. Golden Chick is definitely better. A nice alternative to Bojangles but I must say Bo's dirty rice and cajun pintos are hard to beat. I do wish Bo would bring back the spicier seasoning. Oh, I did sample GC's catfish and it is very tasty.
I am sorry to see quality decline at many KFC locations. The portions are small and overpriced, and the taste of the chicken just is not as good as it used to be. I think part of the problems emerged when they began cobranding KFC with Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, and Long John Silver's in many areas. Overall quality and training declined. Hopefully they will improve. I agree Bojangle's is good, but they no longer have a choice of spicy or mild. It is all moderately seasoned now. Which is why it would be nice to have a Popeyes, as they still have a definite distinction of spicy or mild choices. Meanwhile, I am indeed hearing good reviews of Golden Chick and will have to give it a try soon. And I still say the fried chicken at Publix is a great choice and a more affordable option.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:23 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
I loved that golden chick gave me the option of original, spicy or half and half for my chicken stripes. Just a word of caution dont get spicy and then leave the leftovers in the fridge overnight and reheat it. It was like fire from hell in my mouth when I ate it after reheating it.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:32 PM

34 posts, read 70,773 times
Golden chick Is good in all areas but the fried chicken, Bojangles and every other place is much better as far as FRIED because GC does not season there chicken well enough for me. But everything else is pretty good

Old 05-31-2014, 02:32 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
We need a Popeye's.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:23 PM

100 posts, read 94,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
We need a Popeye's.
I have always wondered why there is no Popeyes anywhere near here.....when I travel and pass one, I load up and bring about 50 bucks worth home and fridge it and eat to my hearts content! Man, I miss them.
I have to say about Zaxbys, they have gone down fast. Not enough sauce and most of the wings are overcooked. I can't stand having to order sides of sauce to get to what the wings should have had on them to begin with!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:55 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
We need a Popeye's.
I have been saying that for a long time. They have locations in neighboring markets such as Columbia, Atlanta, Rock Hill, and Charlotte. They need to fill in the gap here. But so far, Bojangle's is building all the new stores.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,279 times
I have been talking to several neighbors in the Godfrey Rd area, and because of the new billboard near Publix, as well some of the other new zoning changes, they are thinking of starting an effort to form the city of Five Forks. I have been reading this thread for a while and I wanted to know what others think about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area