Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you attend a Straight Pride-Traditional Family Parade?
Yes, as long as it was with good intentions. 11 22.00%
No, everyday is straight pride day, gays need their own special parade. 39 78.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:18 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,668,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I wouldn't be so hard on the OP, as this type of reaction is natural for many people.

I mean, the KKK had marches, too, when those pesky negroes wanted equal rights.

So go on, organize that straight parade!

The straight community of Greenville needs a local Grand Wizard of "traditional values."
HA! Can't give you any more rep right now, ... but you'd get some if I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 04:32 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,083,822 times
The reason there are things like pride parades is to advocate for equality, and to try to show the community that gay people are not something to be threatened by. This is not a problem for straight people, so a straight people parade would have no real social value or serve to benefit anything.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:51 PM

40 posts, read 80,523 times
People .... really, you all think this way...which is whatever way you think. Extreme comments on both sides.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:25 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
The reason there are things like pride parades is to advocate for equality, and to try to show the community that gay people are not something to be threatened by. This is not a problem for straight people, so a straight people parade would have no real social value or serve to benefit anything.
Explain equality to me and how having a gay pride makes one more or less equal. As I stated in another post, fat people, ugly people, nerds, Christians, etc. all get mocked and made fun of; should they have "pride parades"? Why are gay people special? I feel that the liberal mindset is that homosexuals are feeble victims in need of some special protection. Gays are just like straights in every way, shape and form except sexual preference and I think they should be treated equally not specially.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:00 AM

17 posts, read 45,305 times
Poll doesn't have enough options.

My vote: no

(NOT "No, everyday is straight pride day, gays need their own special parade.")

Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,291 times
Wow... what a mess this thread has become.
I'd like you all to:
a) stop responding to trolls
b) remember this is not the politics and/or religion board
c) stay calm and respectful, discuss like adults.
It's doable, believe me.
Yac.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,083,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Explain equality to me and how having a gay pride makes one more or less equal. As I stated in another post, fat people, ugly people, nerds, Christians, etc. all get mocked and made fun of; should they have "pride parades"? Why are gay people special? I feel that the liberal mindset is that homosexuals are feeble victims in need of some special protection. Gays are just like straights in every way, shape and form except sexual preference and I think they should be treated equally not specially.
There is a difference between being made fun of and social injustice

Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 AM

150 posts, read 217,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Thread title says it all. Moms and dads of all races and religions, joyfully parading with their children; biological, adopted or foster. No angry mean signs, just happyness. Would you participate if Downtown Greenville had one? Thanks
I find it curious, and rather sad, that you would propose holding a parade on a public street that would exclude a specific group of citizens and that it would somehow reflect "just 'happyness' (sic)".

Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 AM

392 posts, read 352,479 times
I see little parades on the street celebrating heterosexuality all the time. They usually consist of a fine woman....a good man...pushing a baby stroller along with the family dog following behind.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovertennis View Post
I find it curious, and rather sad, that you would propose holding a parade on a public street that would exclude a specific group of citizens and that it would somehow reflect "just 'happyness' (sic)".
Maybe she is is enamored by the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area