Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:05 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
This.

I would have NEVER tolerated a stranger pushing their way into my home. 911 would have instantly been called.
Wow, I agree. My dogs are out of a police kennel and would of met these people at the door and sent them packing asap. They would not make it one foot in the door if they tried. Be safe and please don't put your kids at risk.

Can you notify the police? When I lived in a small town, there were people like this taking advantage of single elderly women who could not mentally or physically defend themselves. They even drove some of them to the bank and had them empty their accounts. I would notify police; it might save one little old lady from going through a scam like this. In most cities, a license or permit is required to solicit door to door, so what they are doing is most likely illegal to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:15 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
One strange thing he did was tell the dog, bite me, bite me.

This was a lesson learned. We all talked about it and how it went down. We realized what a big mistake that we made in how these people got into the house. This is how it happens all the time. Very dangerous. We are not clear what their motive was but it was very shady. .
Insurance fraud. His goal was to enter your property and get your dog to bite him. Call the police.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Insurance fraud. His goal was to enter your property and get your dog to bite him. Call the police.
Though I don't know why he would say "Bite me" to the dog (the dog doesn't understand him and saying this would reveal his insurance-fraud intentions to the homeowner) I would still call the police and tell them about it.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:23 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
I'll give the police a call to alert them.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:47 AM

114 posts, read 266,192 times
Kirby vacuum scam? That sucks.

*rimshot*

Old 11-08-2014, 12:43 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
thats strange Beckycat.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:50 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Not wanting to be rude is your first mistake.

Problem Solved...
Attached Thumbnails
Kirby vacuum scam knocking on doors-no-soliciting.jpg  

Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,667 times
Default Kirby Vacuum Scam

Kirby door knockers misrepresent what they are doing. They represent themselves as a carpet cleaning company offering a "free cleaning" but are actually trying to get in your door to sell a machine for $3000.00. Don't let them in. They are lying scum bags.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:54 AM

3 posts, read 6,187 times
Hello. This is The Kirby Company writing with hopes of alleviating your concerns regarding the individuals selling Kirby home cleaning systems. The Kirby Company certainly understands that there are not as many companies as there once were selling door to door. We have continued our direct selling business model as we believe in allowing consumers the opportunity to try our products in their own homes. That way, consumers can make informed purchasing decisions about whether the products are right for them. Salespeople or “dealers” for our independent, authorized distributors offer to clean the carpet as part of the Kirby demonstration. If you ever are concerned that the dealer knocking on your door may not be authorized, please call The Kirby Company's Consumer Relations Department at 800-494-8586, Monday -- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, EST.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:05 AM

557 posts, read 864,817 times
My wife made and printed these two simple words, "NO SOLICITING" and placed it on our front door. We have had no problems since. I love my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area