Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2015, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 852 times

Advertisements

hi my name is elena and i am planning to move SC and thinking about city of greenville?? well this is my story. I've been in Ga my whole life and now am 21, the reason am planning to move up there is cause of my fiance. He is currently in jail in pickens. My situation is that he might not get a bond reduction due to him living out of the state and the judge will probably not grant it. so i spoke with our lawyer and he says the only hope we have for him coming home is if he were to live here and or best if i moved to the state. And also we have a 20 month old boy. so with no questions asked i said best thing to do is move up there for our relationship and for or lil monster so my biggest worries is a job??!! ja i dont have any experience due to me staying home with my baby. if you could help me with what kinds of jobs are available. i dont have a diploma and currently going for my GED. so i want to know what kind of companies are there and how often do they hire. i will gladly appreciate all of your answers thank you elena m
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 11:27 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
For employment opportunities without high school or general education diplomas, working in retail or restaurants cashiering, waiting tables or hosting could be the way to start.

Without a general education diploma or its equivalent high school diploma, it could be difficult to be hired for any entry level position. Completing the requirements for and earning a general education diploma will help getting hired easier. If you would like to advance yourself into the workforce with more education, consider some vocational training or earning an associate's degree in a practical area of study at a community college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area