Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 05:56 PM

10 posts, read 12,646 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be making a decision on moving to the Clemson/Seneca/Anderson/Greenville area for a job opportunity at Clemson U. A big part of our decision will be based on out visit to the area. I wanted to know, given 1.5 days to visit, what would you recommend we visit e.g. neighborhoods, special sites (I heard there is a boardwalk in Greenville) etc. Additionally, if we do accept the position we are thinking of staying near Clemson. I have been reading some of the other posts about staying around Clemson but have not heard much spoken on places to stay (apartments or homes to rent) in Seneca.

Also, any recommendations on a hotel in the Clemson/Anderson/Seneca/Greenvile area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 07:25 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossev View Post
My family and I will be making a decision on moving to the Clemson/Seneca/Anderson/Greenville area for a job opportunity at Clemson U. A big part of our decision will be based on out visit to the area. I wanted to know, given 1.5 days to visit, what would you recommend we visit e.g. neighborhoods, special sites (I heard there is a boardwalk in Greenville) etc. Additionally, if we do accept the position we are thinking of staying near Clemson. I have been reading some of the other posts about staying around Clemson but have not heard much spoken on places to stay (apartments or homes to rent) in Seneca.

Also, any recommendations on a hotel in the Clemson/Anderson/Seneca/Greenvile area
That's not much time but I'd definitely go to gowntown Greenville and Falls Park for at least 1/2 of a day. If you are focusing on Clemson, hang around there for another 1/2 day. You can check out Lake Keowee....beautiful. I'm thinking a lot of driving is going to be what you are doing to see as much as possible.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:44 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
In Clemson I'd recommend visiting the Botanical Garden on campus and maybe getting ice cream at the '55 Exchange.

I'm an outdoorsy person so I'd consider driving up Highway 11 towards the mountains. Maybe visit Whitewater Falls and make the driving tour from there east on US 64 (past Toxaway Falls) and then drive back down Hwy 276 to the vista at Caesar's Head on the way into downtown Greenville?

If by family you are including school aged children, schools will be better in Clemson, Pendelton, the Hanna High School area in Anderson, or the Anderson District 1 school zone in Powdersville than in Seneca. Seneca is also a further drive into Greenville or Anderson for shopping than any of the other areas I listed.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM

156 posts, read 227,307 times
I'd second the suggestion to visit downtown Greenville for either 1/2 day or evening. If you enjoy a good burger, Grill Marks on Main Street is a good spot for lunch (great shakes too!) Check out the Mast General Store (on Main St across from Hyatt hotel) and stroll down Main St to Falls Park and Liberty Bridge. Also, note the Clemson B-school building at the intersection of Coffee and Main - they hold events open to the public in that building, so you may be able to take the elevator up and check out the space - it's new and has nice views.

You may also want to stop in Easley on the drive from Clemson to Greenville. I think some people that work at Clemson choose to live there as it is located between Greenville and the University.

If you have kids with you and the weather is nice you might want to check out the schedule for the Greenville Drive. It's a fantastic venue and tickets are very reasonable. Fluor Field at the WestEnd (Greenville, SC): Hours, Address, Attraction Reviews - TripAdvisor

I'm not very familiar with hotels in the Clemson area, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. But I usually have good luck with using TripAdvisor recommendations so you might want to check that site.

Have a good trip and let us know what you think once you visit!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:27 PM

10 posts, read 12,646 times
Thank you all for the information. We are looking forward to visiting the area in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area