Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 04:57 AM

167 posts, read 168,030 times

Advertisements

I understand the need to peddle merchandise (boy/girl scouts mainly) and taking collections (salvation army) and being in front of the store is also fine. But the absolutely should not call on people like a barker at the fair! I see who you are and I know what you want. If I want a cookie or box of popcorn, I will come to you and purchase it. I see your ringing the bell, I'll give $ unless you ask me to. (the bell ringers are actually pretty good about not speaking except to say Thank you.) But not long ago walking into a grocery store a small tribe of boy scouts ran up to me selling popcorn, I politely told them , "no, thanks". They started on me again as I was coming out! I ignored them and one of the adults called to me up to the point of saying "you!, in the blue shirt, want some popcorn"
Please, if anyone with any control over this situation reads this, please tell them they can sell their goods as long as all they say is "thank You"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:42 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Im very leery of anybody selling anything at store fronts, even the SA. Too many scams and con artists out there now a days. My favorite one is the guy selling donuts for the "soup kitchen". As far as the Scouts are concerned, my son was in Scouts, and that popcorn is priced WAY too high, and thats what people look at, not the fact selling it raise money for field trips, camp outs etc. Most of the troops selling I have come across are actually very nice, and use their manners, so I usually slip them a 10 and tell them to keep the popcorn. Do the same for the Girl Scouts at one particular place I go to. (Plus the money for a box of thin Mints!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area