Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:41 PM

292 posts, read 344,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Plenty, Dan.
Elaborate please. All I saw on TV was some not so nice stuff.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Can you elaborate on what was "not so nice?" I didnt see anything wrong. Why does it press you so much, Dan?

Old 01-21-2017, 07:40 PM

27 posts, read 34,561 times
https://twitter.com/LilMissRightie/s...90284174856192

Old 01-21-2017, 07:58 PM

Those signs are just locker room talk.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 PM

27 posts, read 34,561 times
More locker room talk.
https://twitter.com/benny55au/status/823012452354768898

Old 01-21-2017, 10:30 PM

You're right. I wonder why he decided to write that on his jacket. I guess he heard it in the locker room.

You obviously have an agenda as you're just cherry picking selective tweets to post here to discourage the thread and make the marchers look bad. Find something better to do. No one forced you, or Dan, to participate, attend, or support, so stop being so dense.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:44 PM

Since you want to be so negative and act like the protesters are so awful:

Hundreds of Thousands Flood DC for Women's March | NBC4 Washington

Over 500,000 people in DC, and not one single arrest, according to Homeland Security.

500,000 people together in such a tight space, and not one report of trouble. You can't even go to 70,000 person NFL games anymore without someone being arrested for drunkenness or fighting or etc. So let's drop the agenda.

Art123 created the thread for a reason, you can create an anti-march thread if you wish.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:14 PM

143 posts, read 206,753 times
Default Locker Room talk?

Quote:
Those signs are just locker room talk.
Sorry, do you think that is funny?

I'm a female combat veteran. I've spent time in the "desert".... and while I was in the desert, I learned as an American Soldier, to always clean up our mess. And isn't it because of "locker room banter" that all of these people felt compelled to march?

If the females of this country feel that they must protest (not sure what for..... I've led male troops in a combat zone. I left the military and worked my way up the corporate ladder, and I've blasted through several glass ceilings).

If you "must" protest, then, as responsible citizens, they should NOT leave their messes for someone else to pick up.

I am grateful that there was no violence today, but your comment diminishes the cause that all of these people stood up for.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertmm View Post
Sorry, do you think that is funny?

I'm a female combat veteran. I've spent time in the "desert".... and while I was in the desert, I learned as an American Soldier, to always clean up our mess. And isn't it because of "locker room banter" that all of these people felt compelled to march?

If the females of this country feel that they must protest (not sure what for..... I've led male troops in a combat zone. I left the military and worked my way up the corporate ladder, and I've blasted through several glass ceilings).

If you "must" protest, then, as responsible citizens, they should NOT leave their messes for someone else to pick up.

I am grateful that there was no violence today, but your comment diminishes the cause that all of these people stood up for.
Spoiler
Okay...well I don't know how familiar you are with DC, but the city moves very quickly. When there is an event, especially in the Mall area, everything is cleaned up promptly. These marchers didn't wake up and randomly decide to flood into the city. They had to get permits and permissions, which they did. So the city knew what was coming, and they planned accordingly. There are designated clean up crews, as always.

If Atlanta wins the NFC championship tomorrow, the city of Atlanta is going to be trashed with empty cups and beer cans, glass bottles, confetti, noise makers, signs, hats, masks, and probably even clothes. Are you going to go to the Atlanta forum and complain? You know who's not going to complain? The city of Atlanta. Just like the city of Washington DC has not.

No, I don't think it's is funny. I was being sarcastic. I'm just trying to point out the hypocritical logic that was used back in October. People were called crybabies and were told "it's just words, get over it." Now, people have embraced that "locker room talk", putting it on signs and clothes...and people are upset. It's a lose-lose.

And you don't even see the bigger picture here. Over 4 million people marched on every continent. Some were male, some were kids, some were seniors. Everybody had a different reason. Congrats on everything going great in your life, but reality is it doesn't go great for many others, or how it should. If the corporate latter were that simple, then everyone who has a professional job should be a CEO by 60. That's not how it works.

And it should be even more obvious there's an issue when other countries are participating. Americans may have had an opinion on Brexit, but you didn't see us marching about it. We said "that's on you, UK." Other countries, some where English isn't even an official language, went out yesterday.

Do you know why that is? Because the US has 4.4% of the world's population, and 25% of the GDP. We are supposedly a role model country to many others in the world. Other countries look up to us and want to be affiliated with us in some way. So clearly they think something is going wrong with us if they're not even in this hemisphere and decide to go march around the street.

Don't complain about "messes." That is very trivial and it's reaching. Everyone should quit trying to downplay this over personal political beliefs. I don't personally agree with everything, but these marches are bigger than me. So relax and just let people enjoy the event.

PS. you say my comment (that was taken out of context) diminishes what these women stood up for...yet before that you say "I'm not sure what for"...so you don't know what it was all about, but complain that I am diminishing it? Okay...

Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 AM

292 posts, read 344,251 times
Quote:
Can you elaborate on what was "not so nice?" I didnt see anything wrong. Why does it press you so much, Dan?
It doesn't "press" me at all. I find it rather amusing actually, but I'm just bewildered by the fact that people are protesting a President when he hasn't even been the President for a full 48 hours. Remember, the Tea Party protests started AFTER Obama pushed through his massive stimulus bill and an absurd mortgage plan. The protests were a direct response to an action he took as the President. Go back and watch the video of Rick Santelli calling for the Tea Party if you want to see why it started.

As for what I saw that was not nice; let's start with the speech by one of the main celebrity speakers who talked about blowing up the White House. That's not "cherry picking," that's looking at one of the main events of the rally. Then you had another celebrity speaker at the main event ranting about how Trump was Hitler. Alll of these speeches were filled with profanity. This was not the fringe element of these protests - these were the main speakers!!!

And if you want to talk about hypocrisy, wow where to begin? The people protesting said they were "offended" by the 2005 remarks Trump made off-camera. Remarks that Trump did not intend for the public but were leaked in an attempt to manipulate the electorate. Meanwhile, these same protesters brought a bunch of little children to a rally that was nothing but people screaming profanities and holding up hateful/vulgar signs. So either you're offended, or you love that kind of language but you can't have it both ways.

And let me say this about the mess that was left behind. One of the things that I was most proud of about the Tea Party protests is how they were known for picking up their mess before they left. People have a right to protest, but that does not give them the right to litter. You would think that people that claim to be champions of the environment would know better.

But I will end by saying that I think its fantastic that we live in a country where folks can organize events like we saw yesterday. And thank God we are allowed to protest and hold rallies for whatever reason we want. And even though I may not agree with yesterday's message, I would defend your right to speak it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area