Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:29 AM

604 posts, read 583,919 times

Advertisements

Other than specialty foods, there's nothing I miss about FL or CT. I'd love to get my hands on a real, hot-pressed Cuban sandwich! We seek them out when we visit our son in Tampa. It's harder and more expensive to find good seafood here as well. I've never found pizza like the Italian apizza they sell in New Haven CT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 05:27 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Winters (and fluffy snow).

Sincerity (bless my heart).

Majestic landscapes.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:58 PM

696 posts, read 1,335,337 times
I'm not really a transplant being originally from SC, but do miss a couple of things from the various states I've lived in.

Meijer's is a great store. I do miss those from my Michigan days. They come as far south as Lexington, KY IIRC.

I miss Wawa from my Philadelphia days. Slam dunk for morning coffee and a hot sandwich. And of course cheesteaks.

I miss the beach in FL... The wind coming from off the ocean, the smell of salt air. And being able to get fresh seafood pretty much anywhere.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:33 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_96SC View Post
And of course cheesteaks.
Inky's in Easley is close enough for cheesesteaks and Hoagies to satisfy both of those cravings for me.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:41 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Inky's in Easley is close enough for cheesesteaks and Hoagies to satisfy both of those cravings for me.
We tried it and didn't care for it. The hoagies didn't have much meat on them either. I'd rather get a cheesesteak from Sharkey's. My husband is from Philly and grew up there. Just our honest opinion.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:43 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
I miss the beach in FL as well. I also like how things were closer in FL. We basically lived, worked and played in our town. We lived there for 13 years before coming here.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:48 PM

404 posts, read 380,776 times
OP - I'm curious as to your opinion of the SC summers vs the Michigan summers? Is it unbearable or tolerable to you? (Trying to convince hubby that SC summers aren't THAT bad!)

Old 09-21-2017, 07:21 PM

28 posts, read 113,429 times
Try out Johnny F's in Greer for your Chicago style food fix. GREAT Gyros, decent Italian Beef, and delicious Chicago style hotdogs that are BOGO every Wednesday! You won't be disappointed if you're a true Midwesterner.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:16 PM

94 posts, read 111,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
We tried it and didn't care for it. The hoagies didn't have much meat on them either. I'd rather get a cheesesteak from Sharkey's. My husband is from Philly and grew up there. Just our honest opinion.
Same here. I live in Easley, and Inky's came highly recommended, but being from PA, it just didn't do it for me.
The same thing with the Mad Cuban for sandwiches. I spent twelve years in the Tampa area where Cuban sandwiches were invented, and the sandwiches here just don't hold a candle to the real ones down there.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
Same here. I live in Easley, and Inky's came highly recommended, but being from PA, it just didn't do it for me.
The same thing with the Mad Cuban for sandwiches. I spent twelve years in the Tampa area where Cuban sandwiches were invented, and the sandwiches here just don't hold a candle to the real ones down there.
We lived in South Jersey for 5 years and the Hoagies at Inky's are about the closest thing I've found to a Jeresey Hoagie since we moved from there. Different strokes for different folks, I guess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area