Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:05 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
Thanks for your response! No, the DC in my name is my initials. LOL. I live in northern VT, about 20 minutes from the Canadian border. I live about 8/10 of a mile from the Old Stone House Museum which is pretty cool. Old Stone House Museum | Orleans County Historical Society

Where I live now, it's an hour to get to a 99 and almost 1.5 hours to the Olive Garden. We do not have many options here. LOL. We aren't the type to go to Art shows or fancy restaurants. We prefer things low keyed and relaxed.

I don't bring my dogs to dog parks. It's an accident waiting to happen, especially with Mastiffs and Rotts. I find a lot of small dogs like to harass bigger dogs and if the big dog reacts, they always are blamed. It's much safer to have a fenced in yard or places to hike with them. Some people have 0 issues with dog parks, I'm just not one of them.

I'm hoping to get out of the deep freeze and find a nice, southern town with the typical southern charm (I'm not interested in pushing my New England ways onto anyone btw. )
What is a 99? Is that a restaurant because I've lived all over the country and have never heard of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 11:05 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
The town itself is cute. There are a couple of main streets in the town center with shops and a restaurants. All the chains you mentioned are right in the area on Wade Hampton Road/Boulevard/Highway (not sure which, everyone just refers to it as “Wade Hampton”). Everything you could need is along Wade Hampton, which is Route 29, Walmart, Belk, Staples, etc.
West Wade Hampton Boulevard is from North Main Street/North Main Street Extension to South Suber Road/North Suber Road. East Wade Hampton Boulevard is from is from North Main Street/North Main Street Extension to Pine Ridge Road in the towns of Lyman and Duncan.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
West Wade Hampton Boulevard is from North Main Street/North Main Street Extension to South Suber Road/North Suber Road. East Wade Hampton Boulevard is from is from North Main Street/North Main Street Extension to Pine Ridge Road in the towns of Lyman and Duncan.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:57 AM

496 posts, read 467,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Real Estate here moves fairly fast if the house is in good condition and priced correctly. When we decided we were ready to move, we sold our house, put a bunch of stuff in storage and rented a small apartment in Greenville. That way we really got to look around at areas/neighborhoods. Then when we found a house we liked, the cash was immediately available and we could put a clean contract on it. The only contingency was a home inspection.

We’re really glad we did it that way. We found a house in a completely different area than we originally targeted. House-hunting long distance is really hard. Pictures on the internet can be very deceiving.

Best of luck.
I agree; thank you for the advice. It would be about the same way for us. We do have several Amish families that are settling in our small town and I'm sure my property would sell well considering we have the acreage and hay field. If it sells sooner rather than later, we might have to rent here for a bit. Really don't want to do that. I have two dogs, one large, and one VERY large (English Mastiff-will mature to about 190-200lbs.) Finding a rental place that accepts dogs is hard enough; with huge dogs is really tough.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:01 PM

496 posts, read 467,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What is a 99? Is that a restaurant because I've lived all over the country and have never heard of it.
Yes, sorry. It's a chain restaurant.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
Quote:
I agree; thank you for the advice. It would be about the same way for us. We do have several Amish families that are settling in our small town and I'm sure my property would sell well considering we have the acreage and hay field. If it sells sooner rather than later, we might have to rent here for a bit. Really don't want to do that. I have two dogs, one large, and one VERY large (English Mastiff-will mature to about 190-200lbs.) Finding a rental place that accepts dogs is hard enough; with huge dogs is really tough.
Oh . . . Forgot about the dogs. That might make renting tough. Maybe a small house for a year would be better. This area is really pretty large geographically and a lot to sort through.

Hope it all works for you.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:47 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Yes, sorry. It's a chain restaurant.
Yeah, never heard of it before and I've been all over the country. Apparently it's a local New England chain.

https://www.99restaurants.com/

Old 03-20-2018, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 4,362 times
I am not sure if this applies in this thread but we are looking to relocate from Nashville area and I'm interested in the upper part still considered Greer. It look to be the Tyger Bridge Rd area. Is this a good community for low-key living but driving to Greenville for work.

Thanks in advance for any advise - we are visiting the area this weekend! Can't wait!

Old 03-20-2018, 01:38 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilee530 View Post
I am not sure if this applies in this thread but we are looking to relocate from Nashville area and I'm interested in the upper part still considered Greer. It look to be the Tyger Bridge Rd area. Is this a good community for low-key living but driving to Greenville for work.

Thanks in advance for any advise - we are visiting the area this weekend! Can't wait!
It sure is

Old 03-20-2018, 02:16 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Evilee530:

You would be searching around the area surrounding Lake Robinson known as Blue Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area