Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 05:59 PM

8 posts, read 5,043 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

My wife is 6 feet tall and has a very difficult time finding clothing to shop for. I figured the grand hive-brain known as City Data Forumites would know a thing or two about this. We've tried Wal-Mart, Old Navy, Ross Dress for Less, JC Penny, Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, Dillard, Kohl's. I don't pay much attention to what she looks for and as a guy I can't help her, so I personally have a hard time believing she can't find ANYTHING at all these stores but this is her story and she sticking to it.

She really wants to have capris. Her legs are 36 inches long. For tops she says she usually goes to the juniors section
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 03:44 AM

843 posts, read 1,434,072 times
I'm very very close to your wife's height so I feel her pain. Not many stores carry tall sizes in Greenville. Target has started to carry tall jeans which is awesome. They also seem to have some other pant sizes in tall. Anne Taylor, Loft, Eddie Bauer, and The Gap family brands (Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic) carry talls online. There have been a few times I've been lucky to find a tall size on a sale rack when it looked like someone just returned the stock to the store. Then there's Long Tall Sally website. Good luck!

Old 05-08-2018, 07:14 AM

77 posts, read 110,686 times
I agree with mcatp with some stores carrying a limited stock of size tall/long. Surprisingly, I have found that JC Penney online,has the best selection of pants, jeans,capris in tall. You can find exercise clothes and pajamas as well which are almost impossible to find in tall. The other benefit,it's easy to return items to the store of something doesn't work out.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 AM

4,609 posts, read 6,040,931 times
I believe Lands End online carries taller sizes for men and women? Not sure about the Lands End departments inside of Sears.
Belk has one of the larger Tall departments for men in town but not sure about the women's side.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:06 AM

1,016 posts, read 308,085 times
Your wife should try shopping on jcpenney.com, searching for tall women's fashions, and having her items shipped to the store. She can try them on there, and if she doesn't like it or it doesn't fit she can return or exchange right then and there. I also think the shipping charge to the store is free or low.

https://www.jcpenney.com/s/women-tal...ll%20women%27s

I also buy Diane Gilman jeans on QVC (via website and TV). They almost always fit and feel nice. Diane's jeans are a bit overpriced but her "specials" are the great equalizer.

LL Bean is also a good place to shop online or via catalog for tall women's tops, jeans, sweaters, etc. Their quality and return policies tend to be excellent.

It's really hard to walk into any store and pull tall women's clothing off a rack, but happily there is way more stuff available nowadays via catalogs or websites.

Last edited by barb712; 05-08-2018 at 09:17 AM..

Old 05-08-2018, 01:32 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,876,763 times
I buy Diane Gilman's jeans as well; I believe they are sold on HSN. I buy them on sale. I am not tall but find that her jeans are made for taller women; I often have to wear a heel with them. I also shop a lot on evine; their maxi dresses are usually made for taller women. If you watch the videos with the models wearing the clothing you can see how it fits on a taller woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: