Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 11:06 AM

68 posts, read 84,450 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

We will be visiting Oneal Village sometime in October. We have decided to use a Buyers agent and are going with the Chet and Beth Smith Group. Of all the builders there does any one recommend one over the other? right now we are just going by the pictures on the internet and are well aware that going in person will be the best way to see for ourselves. I am doing as much homework now to be prepared as much as possible.We are both 59 years old and hope to move next year. We have decided against a 55 and over community. Also the HOA fees at Oneal Village seem very reasonable. I will say that We are leaning towards Sabal Homes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 06:37 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvs820 View Post
Hello Everyone,

We will be visiting Oneal Village sometime in October. We have decided to use a Buyers agent and are going with the Chet and Beth Smith Group. Of all the builders there does any one recommend one over the other? right now we are just going by the pictures on the internet and are well aware that going in person will be the best way to see for ourselves. I am doing as much homework now to be prepared as much as possible.We are both 59 years old and hope to move next year. We have decided against a 55 and over community. Also the HOA fees at Oneal Village seem very reasonable. I will say that We are leaning towards Sabal Homes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Many of us that live close by there have some level of hostility towards Oneal Village. The greedy developers took this beautiful, pristine forest and clear cut everything, not leaving one tree standing to squeeze as many houses as he could on tiny lots not larger than the welcome mats on the front porch. It looks totally out of place for where it is and is another example of unadulterated greed. Just my $.02

Old 09-03-2018, 06:49 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,445,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Many of us that live close by there have some level of hostility towards Oneal Village. The greedy developers took this beautiful, pristine forest and clear cut everything, not leaving one tree standing to squeeze as many houses as he could on tiny lots not larger than the welcome mats on the front porch. It looks totally out of place for where it is and is another example of unadulterated greed. Just my $.02

Pretty much what I’ve heard, too.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:54 PM

Default Thank you

This is why I love these boards. I appreciate your honest answers

Old 09-03-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvs820 View Post
This is why I love these boards. I appreciate your honest answers
No problem and I didn't mean to come across so harsh. I just love trees and to see so many developers literally clear cut everything is sad. Those of us that bought up here bought here to get some land and now these developments are popping up with homes on .12 acre.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:08 AM

I agree with you. Thanks again for some great insight

Old 09-04-2018, 07:47 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
And traffic out there is just going to get worse as more and more homes are built.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
And traffic out there is just going to get worse as more and more homes are built.
100% correct. Hwy 101 is 1 lane each way, as is Locust Hill, and Hwy 14, it's awful.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
North Highway 101 is becoming awful indeed. I would not mind seeing left turn lanes at intersections with Milford Church Road, Memorial Drive Extension, and West McElhaney Road. The intersection with Milford Church Road needs a traffic signal.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:40 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I appreciate your post.

Not looking to stir the pot, but how would y'all compare Greer to Fort Mill (for anyone who's familiar with Fort Mill)?

Would you say that Greer is following in Fort Mill's footsteps, with respect to (over)development?

Would you say that Greer's demographic is similar to Fort Mill, in terms of being home to many upwardly mobile folks, many of whom are transplants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area