Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 AM

607 posts, read 1,402,441 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for quality furniture stores in the area? We are looking for good deals on some items - namely dining room and living room furniture. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 AM

94 posts, read 377,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Any suggestions for quality furniture stores in the area? We are looking for good deals on some items - namely dining room and living room furniture. Thanks in advance!

I just bought living room furniture, and I've visited a few of the stores in the area. Could you be a little more specific about "quality"?
I could make some recommendations, we were very pleased with who we bought from and the prices were better than I thought.

Susan

Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 AM

128 posts, read 613,192 times
Two places I'd check:

1)sofas and more on haywood rd- they are finishing their going out of business sale and you can negotiate

2) unclaimed furniture off 85- you can get some great deals there.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the replies!
Unclaimed Furniture does have some good stuff - we went there a few weeks ago. Will probably go back before we are done. I'll have to check out Sofas & more.
When I say "quality" I mean no particle board and preferably dovetailing in the woodwork. Real wood. I am not opposed to mass-produced, or even second-hand consignment stuff.
Thanks again!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM

192 posts, read 607,582 times
Default jasons

Definitely go to Jason's furniture on Laurens Road...I furnished my office there for cheap. They have good furniture at good prices and are willing to negotiate with you.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,474 times
It's a little of a drive but you will save enough even with the delivery to make it worth your time, especially if you are buying for both rooms. The Hickory Furniture mart. It is basicaly Wholesale,but open to the public. Check out the outlets that are in the market,they are true factory stores! Hickory Furniture Mart We have shopped there for years and had things shipped all over the eastern seaboard.Lot's of one of a kind pieces that never made it into production.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM

267 posts, read 330,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngentleman View Post
It's a little of a drive but you will save enough even with the delivery to make it worth your time, especially if you are buying for both rooms. The Hickory Furniture mart. It is basicaly Wholesale,but open to the public. Check out the outlets that are in the market,they are true factory stores! Hickory Furniture Mart We have shopped there for years and had things shipped all over the eastern seaboard.Lot's of one of a kind pieces that never made it into production.
I second the Hickory Furniture Mart. They have just about everything there and it's usually less than it would be elsewhere. If you are looking locally try Boyles Furniture, they are off of Woodruff behind Whole Foods. There is a Boyles in the Hickory Furniture Mart and both stores have the same pricing. The biggest thing is to remember that 99% of the furniture pricing is negotiable. Sometimes just asking for a discount will save you money.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM

915 posts, read 2,423,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Definitely go to Jason's furniture on Laurens Road...I furnished my office there for cheap. They have good furniture at good prices and are willing to negotiate with you.
I second this. Jason's Furniture is a great place. My wife and I bought an entertainment center there, and we were so impressed with the deal that we went back for our entire master bedroom and then went back again for our kitchen table and chairs. Up next...dining room, and we'll probably stop there first.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:30 AM

Thank you for all the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area