Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:24 AM

428 posts, read 362,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
As an older Baby Boomer born not long after WW II, I've seen plenty of resentment mixed with envy, and near hatred directed by Millennials toward Boomers in recent years. It goes both ways, my young friends. Not knowing the age bracket for Millennials has nothing to do with age in any case; there are plenty of uninformed (or downright ignorant) Gen Xers and Millennials out there, too. Bless their hearts.
Because Baby Boomers got to reap the benefits of the WWII generation or the greatest generation as Tom Brokaw calls it. Then they squandered everything by being extremely selfish and entitled as adults thus screwing the next generations over. So yeah, Gen X and everyone after that are resentful.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:26 AM

428 posts, read 362,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
It's just funny when you apply the proper definitions to these words when people try to spew them out. You know that 35 year old mom of two kids under 5 trying to check out in Lidl is missing her manners. waaahhhh
We've become a nation of whiners. No matter what age or political affiliation. We love to see what someone else is doing and complain about it.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Because Baby Boomers got to reap the benefits of the WWII generation or the greatest generation as Tom Brokaw calls it. Then they squandered everything by being extremely selfish and entitled as adults thus screwing the next generations over. So yeah, Gen X and everyone after that are resentful.
Shame on you and everyone in your generation and the generations after, then, for judging your elders based on nothing more than your own poisonous resentment. You don't know my story or the stories of the other members of my generation. My family squandered nothing because we HAD nothing.

Quote:
Prejudice is an affective feeling towards a person or group member based solely on that person's group membership (tribal behavior). The word is often used to refer to preconceived, usually unfavorable, feelings towards people or a person because of their political affiliation, sex, gender, beliefs, values, social class, age, disability, religion, sexuality, race/ethnicity, language, nationality, beauty, occupation, education, criminality, sport team affiliation or other personal characteristics. In this case, it refers to a positive or negative evaluation of another person based on that person's perceived group membership.
(source)

Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 AM

401 posts, read 379,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Shame on you and everyone in your generation and the generations after, then, for judging your elders based on nothing more than your own poisonous resentment. You don't know my story or the stories of the other members of my generation. My family squandered nothing because we HAD nothing.

I'm a Gen X'er and I don't feel any resentment towards any generation. I do recognize though the complaints many have against all three of the adult generations. I think what is being blamed on Baby Boomers right now is the financial situation in this country. Boomers have been running the country for a while and we are trillions and trillions in debt. That is a sign of a generation not caring about the next generation.

I realize you may not be part of that issue but many Baby Boomers are a major factor into why everyone is in so much debt. Like it or not, Baby Boomers have been labeled the "Me Generation" because of the perceived selfishness shown by a lot of Boomers.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:32 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
I'm a Gen X'er and I don't feel any resentment towards any generation. I do recognize though the complaints many have against all three of the adult generations. I think what is being blamed on Baby Boomers right now is the financial situation in this country. Boomers have been running the country for a while and we are trillions and trillions in debt. That is a sign of a generation not caring about the next generation.

I realize you may not be part of that issue but many Baby Boomers are a major factor into why everyone is in so much debt. Like it or not, Baby Boomers have been labeled the "Me Generation" because of the perceived selfishness shown by a lot of Boomers.
The next couple of generations are going to be stuck with that huge load of debt. The political leaders elected during the last 30 years have increased spending while drastically cutting taxes. Doing both at the same time is an unsustainable situation. Not all of that is on the Boomer generation and not all Boomers are responsible for it but the reality is the Boomer generation will leave the country mired in a crushing level of debt.

We have known for years that the current levels of funding for Social Security and Medicare will lead both programs to insolvency in the coming years. Conveniently for the Boomer generation, they get to enjoy the low levels of taxes while receiving full benefits from both programs. The insolvency will hit both programs after most of the Boomer generation will be gone so they won't have to experience the consequences. I have a bit of resentment about the issue because the Social Security trust fund will be exhausted right around the time I plan to retire.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:55 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Boomers sold their country out to immigrants instead of leaving it to their children as their parents did.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:44 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Judging people as a class rather than as individuals with their own stories and struggles leads to bigotry, and bigotry leads to bad things happening. If your heart's too hard to recognize this, you need to spend some time examining yourself rather than judging others.

"You know how Jews are ..."
"He's Irish ... glug, glug, glug..."
"Roman Catholic priests are pedophiles..."
"You know what women are like..."
"Republicans don't care about the poor..."
"Democrats are only looking out for free stuff ..."
"Lock your doors, there's a black guy on the other side of the street."
"That guy's homeless; he must be a drug addict/an alcoholic/crazy ..."
"Those Baby Boomers are all selfish ..."
"Those Millennials are all delicate snowflakes ..."

Old 02-16-2019, 05:38 AM

90 posts, read 104,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Boomers sold their country out to immigrants instead of leaving it to their children as their parents did.
Quite possibly the most idiotic thing I have read on this site.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:10 AM

If that were the case you could have easily disproved it

Old 02-16-2019, 08:11 AM

Also, stereotypes exist for a reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area