Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 08:10 PM

108 posts, read 42,111 times

Advertisements

So spending 2 days here leaving Sunday. Wife and I are interested in most romantic places/best places to eat supper. Also what are the best thrift stores? Biggest inventory and best prices etc..doesn't have to be JUST in Greenville...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,186,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
So spending 2 days here leaving Sunday. Wife and I are interested in most romantic places/best places to eat supper. Also what are the best thrift stores? Biggest inventory and best prices etc..doesn't have to be JUST in Greenville...
Best thrift stores...Miracle Hill is a large one, several locations around the area. Lots of individual ones if you want to venture up to Hendersonville.

Places to eat...so many. One place I've never been to but have had friends go is

Restaurant 17 | Dining on a Whole New Level

Old 08-02-2019, 09:01 PM

108 posts, read 42,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Best thrift stores...Miracle Hill is a large one, several locations around the area. Lots of individual ones if you want to venture up to Hendersonville.

Places to eat...so many. One place I've never been to but have had friends go is

Restaurant 17 | Dining on a Whole New Level
Thanks! Went to a Miracle Hill tonight...expensive for a thrift store..4.25$ for almost every kind of clothing bit high IMO....gonna spend more time tomorrow hitting some more places. Thanks for recommendation on food!

Old 08-02-2019, 10:46 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
Kitchen Sync - best restaurant value in Greenville (one of the best restaurants in the entire Upstate IMO)

Old 08-03-2019, 09:48 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
The Goodwill on Pleasantburg is good (hit the $1.00 clearance section) and SOS off Wade Hampton. Safe Harbor by Big Lots in Greenville. If you go to Greer by the Walmart, there are a few thrift stores along Wade Hampton. There is a Miracle Hill there but next to it is a strip mall that has thrift stores. You might like the Jockey Lot in Anderson but get there early. There's also the Barnyard in Greer. Check out Bin Time too.

If you want some good Italian food in Greer, try Della Ventura's.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:13 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
There are a ton of nice restaurants right in the downtown area. A few of the ones we've enjoyed: Larkin's, Smoke on the Water, Soby's, and Nose Dive. I'm sure some of the other ones are great as well but we have a limited budget so don't eat out very often.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:32 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,945,961 times
Like WhitewaterVol, I don't eat out often because it isn't in my budget. Of the restaurants I've tried, these are the best I've had:

Tupelo Honey (seasonal Southern classics)
ASADA (excellent Latin American food, with inventive specials)
Sassafras Southern Bistro (Southern food with a few inventive twists)

At the top of my current wish list are: Upcountry Provisions (breakfast and lunch place in Traveler's Rest), Soby's (nouvelle Southern), Southern Culture (Southern classics), Menkoi Noodle House (udon and soba bowls - down-home Japanese food), White Duck Tacos ("non-traditional" tacos).

If you're looking for a romantic dinner, Sassafras and Soby's are good options. There are a bunch of others downtown others have mentioned like Larkin's.

Couldn't tell you about thrift stores, but if you like used book stores, Mr. K.'s Used Books, Music, and More is a fun place to browse. I've picked up a few $15-$20 books in like new condition for $3-$4.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:59 AM

723 posts, read 1,150,221 times
They've already been and gone.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:14 AM

230 posts, read 230,611 times
I will be there soon, too. Any breweries that are a must?

Old 08-07-2019, 07:21 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_potion_darling View Post
I will be there soon, too. Any breweries that are a must?
Just in Greenville or in the general area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area