Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 01:52 PM

738 posts, read 416,855 times

Advertisements

I can't see a conservative with an interest in Greenville bringing up masks and vaccines.
Particularly if they don't ask about anything else

It's going to be something like what's the best golf course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 02:26 PM

I think a conservative would say covid is something to be concerned about for elderly and younger people with underlying conditions. It is nothing for vast majority. My brother had it and never knew it until a antibody test .

He's nearly 50, no spring chicken.

It doesn't surprise me you didn't ask if our gov sent infected people to the nursing homes like Cuomo and others.

Conservatives have been talking about this since last spring.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_God_I_Trust View Post
Huckleberry, Where I'm from, conservatives fight, and fight hard to protect their state. We've seen first hand what happens from neighboring states when they don't. It's no time to be complacent when your rights are being trampled on.

As for other info, it's easily found online. The wife and I have spent hours researching, but these topics are quite a bit harder to find a consensus on.

Not that I don't mind a nice round of golf!
Where are you from?

Why are you looking to leave if 'conservatives fight' where you live. Really all anybody can do is vote and even that might not matter.

I know a lot of conservatives / Republicans and I don't any that really complain about wearing masks. Some don't think they work but they aren't worked up over it as you portray on here. You make it out like we are rioting and taking over downtown areas over mask mandates.

We do get worked up about lockdowns. I noticed the lockdown people don't call for lockdowns anymore so we won (dominated) that debate.

We've seen infections go down in recent weeks significantly yet it is likely people are wearing masks less now with vaccines rolling out. I can see only three plausible explanations: herd immunity, virus has mutated to more benign forms, or masks don't make a difference , the virus does what it does and then taps out.

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 03-05-2021 at 05:58 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 06:00 PM

In my view, you are laying it on too thick with the "satanic' talk. You are jumping the shark.

I appreciate you are trying to do satire regarding conservatives by pretending to be one.

What is the probability somebody in N. Idaho is looking to move to Greenville SC. I don't think that's a thing.

The person on this forum who has had the most religious zealotry regarding covid has been one of your fellow travelers. I believe many people have become religious about masks. Viruses are so small that a gnat would looks gigantic is comparison. It is not likely those cheap blue masks block every microscopic virus if somebody sneezes. Masks might reduce the initial viral load but for the people likely to die from the virus, I don't think it matters what the initial load is. The reason they die is their body can't stop the replication of the virus.

Hold one of those masks up to a window, it looks like a bunch of holes.

As I've pointed out, most people probably remove the mask when they feel a sneeze coming on out of instinct. That's when you need it most. I sneeze significantly more when I'm wearing these masks because of the little fibers.

The lockdown argument has more merit on controlling the virus than masks, in my view. It is also more radical with potential backlash to those imposing it. It looks like the CA governor may be voted out on a recall because of the lockdowns. That's not a conservative state.

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 03-05-2021 at 06:28 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 06:51 PM

It seems like if you were sincere, you would be posting this stuff on a blue state forum.

I recently posted an article about 20 or so deaths of elderly people in nursing homes in Europe after they took one of the vaccines. The Norway government health person indicated they may not recommend the vaccine for older people in the future.

I don't think it conspiratorial to being open minded about potential negative consequences of putting something in your body.

One of the cool things about the vaccines is they were approved and sent to market in record time due to deregulation. Lives are literally being saved due to deregulation, if the vaccines are effective.

It probably would be 'cool' to be anti-vax if a certain horrible rotten not very good person was still around. There definitely was a lot of vaccine skepticism last fall that predictably went away in late Jan.

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 03-05-2021 at 07:07 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 07:13 PM

Biden was frequently seen without masks on. The day he mandated wearing masks on a government property (which was essentially already in place), he gave a speech at Lincoln Memorial without a mask or goggles on. His press secretary doesn't wear a mask, double mask or goggles.

There's a picture of Biden on a crowded airplane and nobody had a mask or goggles on. Mask wearing for many politicians is a performance art to attract a certain kind of voter, like my mother. When the camera goes off, the mask goes off.

He's done a record number of executive orders but he has not done a national mask mandate or lockdown. Over 100,000 people have died since he took office so it isn't like he doesn't have the numbers to make a case. It is curious how nobody asks him why he didn't do these things but it doesn't appear they allow him to answer questions and everybody is cool with it.

Nancy was busted at a hair salon in San Fran getting a haircut...all of the hair salons were supposed to be closed under a lockdown order. She didn't have a mask on. I'm surprised a self described conservative doesn't know things that we are laughing about. You are missing the best part of being a conservative.

In my view, having a frail person as president sends a message to elderly people that the virus is something they can take lightly. It is hard to believe he is only 5 years older than the last guy. I can't see him surviving if he gets it without the vaccination.

Here's the Democrat from California, Eric Swalwell, tweeting one year ago don't wear masks. He ran for president. We didn't know anything about the virus at that point yet he is telling people not to wear masks as was the infallible Dr. Fauci who will probably be calling for 10 masks post mass vaccination at the rate he's been going up.

Rep. Eric Swalwell
@RepSwalwell
·
Mar 4, 2020
Stop wearing face masks. #coronavirus

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 03-05-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 03-06-2021, 03:43 AM

605 posts, read 584,636 times
I find it interesting that you are required to wear a seatbelt, and you are required to wear a shirt and shoes in a store, yet everybody gets bowed up about a stupid little mask. I also find it interesting that people still argue about whether the mask protects the wearer- it does, but only a little. People double-mask because so many proud Americans believe that spreading disease is a form of freedom. How would you feel if retaurant workers didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom? It's basic hygiene.

Even if you don't believe in masks, you'd have to be living under a rock if you don't know that many people do. We stopped going to church because people would not wear masks, or take them off. Isn't the whole idea of Christianity to be considerate of your fellow man? Better than half of the members of our church are staying home because of a few inconsiderate people.

I'm a conservative Christian. My wife is a microbiologist, and makes the 'medical' decisions in our family. I know people who have died from Covid, and people who have suffered permanent health issues from it. We wear masks, are getting vaccinated, and will continue to exercise caution for a long time. You do you, as people say, but be considerate of OTHERS.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:30 AM

10 posts, read 7,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In_God_I_Trust View Post
We're from North Idaho, masks up here symbolize oppression. Forcing someone to comply with something many of us believe is a satanic agenda. Wearing a mask is not about protecting others, it's about silencing you. It's about making all us less human in our appearance. God designed us to see each other's faces, and designed us to touch and hug. Not be so fearful of each other that you have to "social distance". This isn't leprosy. If you take a step back, and look at it closely, it's very bizarre behavior and not natural. The effects of this behavior if allowed to continue will have repercussions for generations. Children are growing up afraid of each other, and afraid to play near each other.

Watch that video above, go check out www.weforum.org/great-reset too. Start there.
This is the New World Order making their move! If you're a Christian, then you've read about it in the book of Revelation, and Daniel.

As Christians we need to really start educating ourselves, and stop falling for Satan's deceptions. Do we trust God or not?
Wearing a mask has NOTHING to do with trusting God.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:56 AM

292 posts, read 344,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
I find it interesting that you are required to wear a seatbelt, and you are required to wear a shirt and shoes in a store, yet everybody gets bowed up about a stupid little mask. I also find it interesting that people still argue about whether the mask protects the wearer- it does, but only a little. People double-mask because so many proud Americans believe that spreading disease is a form of freedom. How would you feel if retaurant workers didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom? It's basic hygiene.

Even if you don't believe in masks, you'd have to be living under a rock if you don't know that many people do. We stopped going to church because people would not wear masks, or take them off. Isn't the whole idea of Christianity to be considerate of your fellow man? Better than half of the members of our church are staying home because of a few inconsiderate people.

I'm a conservative Christian. My wife is a microbiologist, and makes the 'medical' decisions in our family. I know people who have died from Covid, and people who have suffered permanent health issues from it. We wear masks, are getting vaccinated, and will continue to exercise caution for a long time. You do you, as people say, but be considerate of OTHERS.
With all due respect, I have no problem with you wearing a mask. If you want to wear one, or two, or 10, be my guest. I only ask that you have the same respect for me if I choose to NOT wear a mask.

As for your seat belt, shoes, shirt analogy, your argument seems to be that since the government or businesses can require people to do those things, they can require people to do anything as long as its in the name of safety or public health. This is the classic slippery slope that some people pretend does not exist. Wear do you draw the line? If the government starts requiring people to wear burkas, I guess that would be okay with you as long as they claimed it was for "public health."

Old 03-06-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post

What are their permanent health issues and how do you know they are permanent if the virus has only been here a year?

It is surprising to me a self described conservative said that we needed a draconian lockdowns like the ones in China last year.

Yet you don't seem to voluntarily lockdown if you were going to church.

There are people who did lockdown and they think you are selfish by going out in public. They think the churches should still be shut down.

Many of the people who are now religious about masks said masks didn't work last spring when they were advocating for lockdowns.

I've noticed that you and other mask shamers don't shame people for not wearing goggles. Both Fauci and Birx said the virus can come in through the eyes and recommended goggles. I don't see anybody wearing goggles. Why it acceptable to ignore their advice on goggles but not masks.

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 03-06-2021 at 06:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area