Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 01:48 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrivedinNC View Post
South Carolina is too conservative and Trumpy for me....and looks like their senior US Senator tried to push the Republican AG of Georgia to help steal the 2020 election on behalf of the former guy and may soon get indicted for it. Sorry, but Greenville could be the best city in the Carolinas and I would still never live in SC.
If being surrounded by political conservatism and Trump supporters is a deal breaker for you, you have made the right decision not to move to Greenville.

My FAVORITE thing about Greenville is the low housing prices we have which are attributable to our lack of NIMBYism. Build the houses, and welcome new neighbors!

Old 03-22-2021, 02:01 PM

24 posts, read 15,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
If being surrounded by political conservatism and Trump supporters is a deal breaker for you, you have made the right decision not to move to Greenville.

My FAVORITE thing about Greenville is the low housing prices we have which are attributable to our lack of NIMBYism. Build the houses, and welcome new neighbors!
Yea, I'd pay a little more in housing costs to live in a city and region where a majority of your neighbors don't think it's ok to try and violently overturn a Democratic election based on a Big Lie. Or that it's not ok to discrimate against anyone who is gay, trans, black, latino, non-Christian....or basically against anyone who isn't just like you. I would gladly pay a 10%-20% premium or more in housing costs to live elsewhere and not be surrounded by people who think like that. But to each his own, you go right ahead and enjoy your savings...after all, like they say, you get what you pay for.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:02 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times
I get what you're saying. And I hope anyone who tried to fraudulently overturn the election results goes to jail. But I'd say SC is only maybe 10%-15% more Trumpy than North Carolina.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:06 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,521 times
Quote:
Yea, I'd pay a little more in housing costs to live in a city and region where a majority of your neighbors don't think it's ok to try and violently overturn a Democratic election based on a Big Lie. Or that it's not ok to discrimate against anyone who is gay, trans, black, latino, non-Christian....or basically against anyone who isn't just like you. I would gladly pay a 10%-20% premium or more in housing costs to live elsewhere and not be surrounded by people who think like that. But to each his own, you go right ahead and enjoy your savings...after all, like they say, you get what you pay for.
Didn't the Dems basically try to overturn an election on a lie with Russia? Then a SC Nominee on a lie as well?

As far as discrimination, please identify which law was passed under Trump which was discriminatory. The Dems put in Harris as a VP solely on race and skin color not qualifications which is discriminatory in itself. She was a pretty failed candidate in the primary but hey make a VP on diversity alone and see how well it goes.

Cant wait to leave CO for SC!

Old 03-22-2021, 02:28 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Quote:
South Carolina is too conservative and Trumpy for me....and looks like their senior US Senator tried to push the Republican AG of Georgia to help steal the 2020 election on behalf of the former guy and may soon get indicted for it.

Adding insult to injury Greenville and Spartanburg Counties went for the former guy by huge margins in the last election.

Sorry, but Greenville could be the best city in the Carolinas and I would still never live in SC.
We're good whether you come or not sir or ma'am. We're growing regardless with a diverse population. If you're extreme one way or another politically there aren't going to be many places to go where you'll be happy. No city of some size is completely one side of another. They're going to have some diversity.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Didn't the Dems basically try to overturn an election on a lie with Russia? Then a SC Nominee on a lie as well?

As far as discrimination, please identify which law was passed under Trump which was discriminatory. The Dems put in Harris as a VP solely on race and skin color not qualifications which is discriminatory in itself. She was a pretty failed candidate in the primary but hey make a VP on diversity alone and see how well it goes.

Cant wait to leave CO for SC!

Did the Dems storm the capitol to overturn that election? Former guy's impeachment was bipartisan btw, the only impeached President in US history to get a bi-partisan vote for removal from office in the US Senate...TWICE. The only ones trying to overturn elections are insurrectionist trump supporting conservatives and republicans when they stormed the Capitol...and they managed to kill a couple of cops in the process...so much for "backing the blue".

The only SC seats that were stolen were stolen by the GQP....most recently by Moscow Mitch when he prevented President Obama from appointing SC Justice with 9 months left in his term saying the voters needed to decide since it was the last year of his presidency only to turn around and appoint the Handmaiden to the bench a month or so before the last election while folks were standing in line to early vote. Leningrad Lindsay Graham said you could "roll the tape" if he ever reversed himself on his promise never to vote for and support any SC justice appointed by a President in his final term...then turned around and did exactly the opposite.

Former guy issued a ban on trans folks serving in the military...adding insult to injury that coward faked bone spurs to get out of serving in the military himself. And that's just ONE example.

Again, could never live in SC. To many brainwashed Qtard tRump cultists who deny evidence, facts and reality.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:31 PM

This thread is getting too political again. Let's get back on topic. I'm sure it will be put back to normal soon.

Old 03-22-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
We're good whether you come or not sir or ma'am. We're growing regardless with a diverse population. If you're extreme one way or another politically there aren't going to be many places to go where you'll be happy. No city of some size is completely one side of another. They're going to have some diversity.
Extreme like this you mean?
2020 Presidential election results Greenville Spartanburg and surrounding area:
Greenville County: Trump/Biden 58%/39%
Spartanburg County: Trump/Biden 63%/35%

ALL the surrounding counties around Greenville-Spartanburg are similar, 2-1 in favor of Trump. Very "extreme" if you ask me. Very much "on one side or the other" if you will.

For my money there are only 2..maybe 3 cities/metros in the Carolinas. Asheville, Raleigh-Durham and maybe Charlotte.

2020 Presidential election results Raleigh-Durham and surrounding area:
Wake County: Trump/Biden 35%/62%
Durham County: Trump/Biden 18%/80%
Orange County: Trump/Biden 24%/75%
Chatham County: Trump/Biden 44%/55%

Yes, one can make the case Raleigh-Durham is extreme politically to the left but I never said that was a problem for me one way or the other as far as people wanting to live somewhere based on their own political leanings, I said I could never live in a far right conservative area. Greenville/Spartanburg would not be for me. To each his own.

Look, I get it, it looks like to me like you are in the real estate business in the Greenville, so I'm sure it's in your best financial interests not to get into politics or make your political leanings known though I'm sure you have them, best to play the middle road game. But I'm not in the real estate business in Greenville, so I have no financial incentive or bias either way in that regard.

Old 03-22-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Extreme like this you mean?
2020 Presidential election results Greenville Spartanburg and surrounding area:
Greenville County: Trump/Biden 58%/39%
Spartanburg County: Trump/Biden 63%/35%

ALL the surrounding counties around Greenville-Spartanburg are similar, 2-1 in favor of Trump. Very "extreme" if you ask me. Very much "on one side or the other" if you will.

For my money there are only 2..maybe 3 cities/metros in the Carolinas. Asheville, Raleigh-Durham and maybe Charlotte.

2020 Presidential election results Raleigh-Durham and surrounding area:
Wake County: Trump/Biden 35%/62%
Durham County: Trump/Biden 18%/80%
Orange County: Trump/Biden 24%/75%
Chatham County: Trump/Biden 44%/55%

Yes, one can make the case Raleigh-Durham is extreme politically to the left but I never said that was a problem for me one way or the other as far as people wanting to live somewhere based on their own political leanings, I said I could never live in a far right conservative area. Greenville/Spartanburg would not be for me. To each his own.

Look, I get it, it looks like to me like you are in the real estate business in the Greenville, so I'm sure it's in your best financial interests not to get into politics or make your political leanings known though I'm sure you have them, best to play the middle road game. But I'm not in the real estate business in Greenville, so I have no financial incentive or bias either way in that regard.
Again. You're out of line. This isn't a political forum. That's against the forum rules. This is off topic.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
Again. You're out of line. This isn't a political forum. That's against the forum rules. This is off topic.
Sounds like a struck a nerve with my last reply to your comment.

A lot of people including yourself are posting comments not strictly related to the title of the forum related to growth. If I'm off topic I'm not alone.

Don't start a back and forth that ends up getting the forum shut down or you may not be able to pick up any clients here. You might have to start paying to advertise to get clients, pretty sure city data isn't here for free self-marketing

Last edited by ArrivedinNC; 03-22-2021 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area