Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 08:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
Read on Facebook that Ingles bought the property where Kevin Whitaker's used lot used to be at the corner of 25 and Hawkins Rd, across the street from Carolina Fine Foods in Travelers Rest. I guess they didn't want to rebuild where the Ingles used to be behind Hardees, haha.
I do not see such a property transfer on file with Greenville County yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 09:48 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
Read on Facebook that Ingles bought the property where Kevin Whitaker's used lot used to be at the corner of 25 and Hawkins Rd, across the street from Carolina Fine Foods in Travelers Rest. I guess they didn't want to rebuild where the Ingles used to be behind Hardees, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not see such a property transfer on file with Greenville County yet.
If they purchased it more than likely at the snails pace they move it may be 25 years before they build a new store. Don't they also own property on White Horse in front of Berea High School with nothing happening for years now? Guess they are smart though financially for investing in land.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:42 AM

128 posts, read 76,637 times
I'm not sure about any official documentation of the sale, but I do know that the for sale sign now has a big SOLD sign on it at this point. I pass it pretty regularly.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:11 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
A nail salon, liquor store, and pizza shop have signed on to the new Publix shopping center in Mauldin. Exciting I know. One of the outparcels has been leased also.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
If they purchased it more than likely at the snails pace they move it may be 25 years before they build a new store. Don't they also own property on White Horse in front of Berea High School with nothing happening for years now? Guess they are smart though financially for investing in land.
Ingles Markets has plans for replacement and additional plans. While they wait years to proceed in construction, costs for material and labor and inflation increase up to 40 percent. The increases eat into capital building budgets.

Ingles Markets is moving forward in constructing an additional store in Fletcher, North Carolina, on US 25 east of I-26.

Old 03-27-2024, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
A nail salon, liquor store, and pizza shop have signed on to the new Publix shopping center in Mauldin. Exciting I know. One of the outparcels has been leased also.
I have heard and read in conversations and rumors of Marco's Pizza seeking a location in the Mauldin area.

Old 03-29-2024, 10:18 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Whataburger coming to Anderson at Clemson Common.

Old 03-30-2024, 10:42 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Whataburger coming to Anderson at Clemson Common.
I would bet they are looking to put a location in Clemson closer to the university as well.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:44 PM

14 posts, read 18,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Either WaWa or Sheetz would find friendly consumers here in the Upstate. Both companies are run well, privately ran btw, with members of both families sitting on both boards, both are similar in what they offer. They have a fierce rivalry among their customers.
Love Sheetz when visiting my family in Pennsylvania. The number of items on their made to order menu as well as their excellent kiosk system are both outstanding.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:34 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times
I remember the nearest Sheetz to the Upstate is north of Charlotte along I-77, I believe near Statesville or Mooresville, somewhere in that region. But they have not yet expanded into the greater Charlotte market which is dominated by QT, Circle K, and 7-11. But Wawa is expanding in the Carolinas along the I-95 corridor and coastal regions. Time will tell if they move west toward Charlotte and the Upstate. Sheetz is already on the fringes of Charlotte and closest to expand if they choose to do so.

But apparently Royal Farms planned for Hwy. 14. Also a good choice known for fresh fried chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area