Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 09:28 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times

Advertisements

Legacy Pines has closed for good. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2023, 09:37 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Did Legacy Pines, formerly the Hejaz Shine golf course, have operational issues in recent years?

Old 11-19-2023, 12:46 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Did Legacy Pines, formerly the Hejaz Shine golf course, have operational issues in recent years?
I believe there was a fire a few years ago in the store that was onsite.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:15 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,736,069 times
It's difficult for many golf courses to survive financially. Golf courses take up a lot of space (acreage) and they require a tremendous amount of labor, equipment, chemicals, water, etc to maintain the course in good condition.

Even some of the high-end courses that are a part of a "Country Club" setting often have difficulty making ends meet. Most courses that survive are either bare bones type courses that have been in existence almost forever or high-end courses that offer many different amenities to their members and charge accordingly.

A "stand alone" golf course is just going to have a hard time making ends meet just about anywhere in the country. Most people just aren't willing to pay what it costs to maintain a course in good condition unless there is something else that goes along with it that gives them something they want such as fine dining and social status.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:35 PM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 15 days ago)

732 posts, read 348,083 times
Hunters Creek golf course in Greenwood closed a few years ago. That was surprising because that neighbohoood is one of the most popular in Greenwood.

The Parkland golf course near the Greenwood airport has probably been closed for a decade. So far only one house as been built on that land.

Old 11-20-2023, 02:56 AM

78 posts, read 61,117 times
So far in the last few years Mauldin SC lost Shanks driving range which became homes and townhomes, then Bonnie Brae golf course on Ashmore Bridge Rd was developed by 3 builders and now Legacy Pines falls in line and sells out. I approached Legacy 2 years ago about this and they pretended the owner was just seeing what he could build but in no way were they going to close, now we see the truth.

Old 11-20-2023, 11:35 AM

154 posts, read 624,459 times
I don't remember the name of the place (it was already closed when we moved down here) but it was a gorgeous place. Right off of 153 near Tanglewood Middle School. It was perfect for us as we just moved here and were renting a house on Ferol Dr. I would take my dog there and he could run around off leash as there wasn't anybody there. And at that time the bridges and whatnot were still accessible. Tried going back after we moved and I could still get in there but obviously it was very overgrown. Tried once more and there was crime scene tape and a gate had been put up.

Truly a shame that that land just went to s***. Was that ever a viable golf course?

Old 11-20-2023, 02:32 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times
Awesome, welcome to all the new neighbors! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Old 11-21-2023, 12:23 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyInFallston View Post
I don't remember the name of the place (it was already closed when we moved down here) but it was a gorgeous place. Right off of 153 near Tanglewood Middle School. It was perfect for us as we just moved here and were renting a house on Ferol Dr. I would take my dog there and he could run around off leash as there wasn't anybody there. And at that time the bridges and whatnot were still accessible. Tried going back after we moved and I could still get in there but obviously it was very overgrown. Tried once more and there was crime scene tape and a gate had been put up.

Truly a shame that that land just went to s***. Was that ever a viable golf course?
I think this would have been Millstone off Easley Bridge Road (US 123). Millstone has become a nature preserve, Preserve at River West.

Old 11-21-2023, 06:10 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Some say that golf's global participation rate is declining. Golfers are getting older, and 75% of golfers are men over the age of 45. Younger generations are not interested in playing golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area