Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:39 PM

94 posts, read 377,907 times

Advertisements

Gosh I hope this is not considered spamming, but when my husband lived outside of Huntsville AL, he could not get high speed internet and so he used satellite internet. We have a whole system including a brand new modem that he's going to sell.

We were pleased with it because we could not get DSL or cable internet. It's certainly faster than dial up but not as fast as high speed.

If anyone is interested in buying it, I'll ask him how much he wants. I know it won't be anywhere near as much as buying a new system.

Susan

Old 08-20-2008, 07:17 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
I am looking for a home in the Simpsonville area and plugged in the address with Charter and BellSouth before even looking at it because I telecommute

Found a home and before we put in an offer actually CALLED Charter and verified service - also verified quality with someone in the neighborhood. I know folks in areas without subdivision who are on dialup.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 AM

140 posts, read 358,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I am looking for a home in the Simpsonville area and plugged in the address with Charter and BellSouth before even looking at it because I telecommute

Found a home and before we put in an offer actually CALLED Charter and verified service - also verified quality with someone in the neighborhood. I know folks in areas without subdivision who are on dialup.
I work from home as well so DSL is not an option it's a requirement! No DSL, no work. We are looking to buy in the GSP area next year to move in June after school let's out in South Florida where we are now. I will definitely do as you did and call to verify before putting in any offers.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:02 PM

94 posts, read 377,907 times
I telecommute as well and high speed internet is not an option. However, we have DSL with BellSouth and not Charter because in my past experience and having heard from others in the area Charter is not reliable.

Susan

Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 AM

140 posts, read 358,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan2007 View Post
I telecommute as well and high speed internet is not an option. However, we have DSL with BellSouth and not Charter because in my past experience and having heard from others in the area Charter is not reliable.

Susan
I'd actually prefer having both. That way if one is down I have a backup. I take 'How's my driving' calls using an IP phone so I can't even use dialup as a backup. The IP phone MUST have a dsl connection.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 PM

119 posts, read 564,903 times
Default High Speed Internet

My husband and I both work out of the home and have been using the Charter bundle since the end of June. My husband must have reliable high speed internet for his IBM job and so far so good. We are in Inman. It is really funny that we were looking at a Ryan Home Development in Greer and they told us that we would not have Charter or DSL until the development was finished (in about 5 years). Out here in the hills (as my husband calls it)we had service the first week we moved in AND this development is not completed yet.

Best of luck in your search.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash2k View Post
There is a website online that will give anyone interested in this service more information. I posted a link to it yesterday but my message was very short and I think the admin might have thought it was spam. So here it is again for those of you without high speed access.

Thank you all.
wow that was a pretty elaborate scheme to get people interested in your product, bravo, lol

P.S. it is spam

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-06-2008 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: removed advertising email

Old 09-06-2008, 03:23 AM

275 posts, read 1,761,070 times
Have AT&T/Bellsouth DSL in the Fountain Inn/Simpsonville area. So far, its working very well and this is a nationally known company and not a questionable start-up that wants you to make an expensive equipment investment for something that might not be around tomorrow!

SPAM Advertisement = Deceptive Marketing = a shady company you do not want to do business with!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
wow for all the monitoring the mods do I thought this would be gone in an hour, when someone actually IS advertising, they are nowhere to be seen.....
I reported it yesterday to Waccamatt and the link was deleted but thread allowed to stay. I just reported it again.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,468 times
Closed for Moderator review...

Edit: And will remain closed
Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 09-08-2008 at 02:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area