Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Kevin and I am new to this board. I am doing research on towns/cities that do NOT have high speed internet access and thought this would be a good place to start.

If you live somewhere in between Greenville and Anderson and currently can not get access to high speed internet please share your experience and story. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM

5,492 posts, read 8,339,906 times
I don't think this problem exist in this area. You have to go to the more rural areas and they might even have it.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 PM

642 posts, read 2,090,487 times
This is a problem here you can live on one street and have it and the next street does not. The house I live in did not have it until last year. But then the house across from me has had it for a few years before. With charter that is how it is.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:54 AM

335 posts, read 1,182,030 times
We live in Simpsonville and do not have high speed internet options. We are currently on dial-up. Liz

Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
We live in Simpsonville and do not have high speed internet options. We are currently on dial-up. Liz
Are you sure about that? I've lived in 4 different addresses in Simpsonville and they all had Charter and Bellsouth. Never heard of Simpsonville having this problem or anywhere in the upstate.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:48 PM

642 posts, read 2,090,487 times
I live in simpsonville as well and know a bunch of people here that can't get charter and are in diffirent areas of simpsonville. So sadly yes they could be doing better.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 PM

44 posts, read 169,464 times
Yes, sadly there are some of us who still do not have it :-) We moved here in May in a new development off of Coachman Dr and cannot find anyone to service our community at this time. We had to resort to getting an air card for our computers. it is the pits!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifinallydidit View Post
Yes, sadly there are some of us who still do not have it :-) We moved here in May in a new development off of Coachman Dr and cannot find anyone to service our community at this time. We had to resort to getting an air card for our computers. it is the pits!!!
This is to be expected in some new neighborhoods if you are the first in.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 AM

335 posts, read 1,182,030 times
Quote:
Are you sure about that? I've lived in 4 different addresses in Simpsonville and they all had Charter and Bellsouth. Never heard of Simpsonville having this problem or anywhere in the upstate.

As far as I know this is the sad truth. First, we do not have Bellsouth for phone service in our area, we have Verizon. That eliminates Bellsouth for the DSL option. Also, Charter does not service our area yet. We are in a brand new community, so until we get built out some more, we wait for high speed.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 4,436 times
Thank you for your posts and if anyone else has information to share it would be great!

I knew that there wouldn't be a large problem getting high speed internet in this part of the country seeing as the main backbone of the internet resides in Virginia but I figured it was worth a shot asking anyway. I have just moved here from Oklahoma where the high speed market is still relatively new. My uncle owns an ISP there providing high speed, dial-up, hosting, VoIP phone, and other services and thought about doing the same here.

After moving here and noticing the lack of small to medium sized companies in the IT industry it looks like there may be a need for such services. The area that we moved to (Mauldin) is controlled by Charter and ATT (Bellsouth) which in my experience is not always the best when it comes to customer satisfaction. Granted, there are positives to doing business with larger corporations the negatives, in my experience, outweigh the good. Call me old fashioned but when I have a problem with something I want to be able to talk to someone I know and not an automated call system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area