Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:21 PM

48 posts, read 115,276 times

Advertisements

wow! what a season so far. lots of upsets. the whole SEC vs the other confresnces. is 'ol tommy bowdin going to survive this year? will another OC come in and save his job for another year? how much longer is the 'ol ball coach going to last at USC (no, not that one, south carolina)?

OSU getting whipped at the real USC then them and thier meltdown at the other OSU.

i absolutly love college football.

im a Colorado fan! went to JAX for the FSU game last weekend. FSU cheated.

one series that i have been hoping for years is a Colorado vs Clemson series. our teams played in the Champs sports bowl when the CU AD was in the middle of an epic meltdown and that sucked for us CU fans.

my family travels to a lot of Colorado away games. over the years we have gone to Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, UCLA, Miami, FSU, Stanford, Washington, UGA, Texas, aTm and well, um..... baylor.

every one has been a great experience, win or lose.

my top 5 favorite away games that i have been to are
1. UGA - great atmosphere!!!! lots of nice people and fun city. UGA letting Ralphie run was very cool of them. i do have to say that the game was great. then UGA cheated in the last 46 seconds.
2. Michigan. two 18 hole golf courses around that stadium are filled with tailgaters. great stadium. i was there for hail mary from Stewart to Westbrook. awesome time!!!!
3. Wisconsin. super nice people and brats that even a southerner would give up his ribs for. we tailgated next to a giant pile of coal next to the power plant. not the best atmosphere, but hearing the host teams band play your teams fight song when you win is great.
4. Texas. come on. partying in austin? like washington, your 40 miles from the field but the atmosphere is great.
5. aTm. no one. and i mean no one beats the aggy band. yes, they are freaky and very bizzare in thier traditions and hazing but they are one hell of a band. the 12th man tradition is great to see. gross town but a great atmosphere for a day of college football.

the worst by a mile is miami. bunch of freaking thugs and band wagon fans. all of 'em. they can all suck the giant donkey balls. every last one of them. bunch of punks.

i would love to get some college football talk going on here! anyone want to join in? what are your thoughts? it does not have to be about this season. how about your best travel experiences? why you got into college football? anything.

lets have some fun here!!!

(and you must all say something nice about my Buffs!!! )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM

765 posts, read 1,910,690 times
Gators fan here...this thread may get moved to the sports section before long.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Gators fan here...this thread may get moved to the sports section before long.
oops. didnt know that there was a sports section here. that is my fault.

even so, why cant we have a little college football thread for the upstaters here? shoot! i may find that there is actually another Colorado fan here in the upstate that i could watch some CU games with. that would be great!

the upstate has a lot of different people from a lot of different places. i would think that we could have a lot of fun talking to eachother about our teams and when they match up or our different confrences.

as far as i can tell, the greenville area is evenly split between USC/UGA and Clemson.

that right there has to inspire some good talk!!!

rather than throwing it into the sports board, this might be an oppertunitly for us to get to know eachother, share a common interest (college football) and maybe somday we will want to get together to watch some college football at some sports bar here in the greenville area together.

personally, i think that would be very cool. a way to celebrate life through sports.

kinda like what that guy does on FSR in the early morning hours while i drive to ATL for work.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Gators fan here..
what happend? the FSU fans let up a giant roar in Jax when that score was posted. not nearly as loud as when we Buff fans see a score of Knu losing but still. all 40k of them seemed to be happy.

i had your gators at my max points in the college football pick'em at the CU site i go to. what the heck happened there? was it turnovers? there is no way they are better than the gators.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 AM

131 posts, read 696,446 times
I am a Clemson Fan and 20 year season ticket holder, but it is very hard to be a clemson fan this week! Just wanted to say that I was glad to see Colorado beat the WV so easily, I can't stand any of the Big Least teams.

Go Tigers!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM

617 posts, read 2,572,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBuffs View Post
the real USC
Yikes, you could upset a lot of people with that one! I've never understood why someone would call it the "real" USC...they're both real.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Yikes, you could upset a lot of people with that one! I've never understood why someone would call it the "real" USC...they're both real.
well, its done with a . probably should have put that in there. So Cal is my second favorite team. my dad went to dental school there.

plus, i have to look down on them as i adopted clemson as my local favorite team. i cant root for a team with red or a boo hoo woe is me lou holtz legacy.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBuffs View Post
wow! what a season so far. lots of upsets. the whole SEC vs the other confresnces. is 'ol tommy bowdin going to survive this year? will another OC come in and save his job for another year? how much longer is the 'ol ball coach going to last at USC (no, not that one, south carolina)?

OSU getting whipped at the real USC then them and thier meltdown at the other OSU.

i absolutly love college football.

im a Colorado fan! went to JAX for the FSU game last weekend. FSU cheated.

one series that i have been hoping for years is a Colorado vs Clemson series. our teams played in the Champs sports bowl when the CU AD was in the middle of an epic meltdown and that sucked for us CU fans.

my family travels to a lot of Colorado away games. over the years we have gone to Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, UCLA, Miami, FSU, Stanford, Washington, UGA, Texas, aTm and well, um..... baylor.

every one has been a great experience, win or lose.

my top 5 favorite away games that i have been to are
1. UGA - great atmosphere!!!! lots of nice people and fun city. UGA letting Ralphie run was very cool of them. i do have to say that the game was great. then UGA cheated in the last 46 seconds.
2. Michigan. two 18 hole golf courses around that stadium are filled with tailgaters. great stadium. i was there for hail mary from Stewart to Westbrook. awesome time!!!!
3. Wisconsin. super nice people and brats that even a southerner would give up his ribs for. we tailgated next to a giant pile of coal next to the power plant. not the best atmosphere, but hearing the host teams band play your teams fight song when you win is great.
4. Texas. come on. partying in austin? like washington, your 40 miles from the field but the atmosphere is great.
5. aTm. no one. and i mean no one beats the aggy band. yes, they are freaky and very bizzare in thier traditions and hazing but they are one hell of a band. the 12th man tradition is great to see. gross town but a great atmosphere for a day of college football.

the worst by a mile is miami. bunch of freaking thugs and band wagon fans. all of 'em. they can all suck the giant donkey balls. every last one of them. bunch of punks.

i would love to get some college football talk going on here! anyone want to join in? what are your thoughts? it does not have to be about this season. how about your best travel experiences? why you got into college football? anything.

lets have some fun here!!!

(and you must all say something nice about my Buffs!!! )

I went to texas A&M and it is definitely a great atmosphere to watch a game. Regarding Colorado, i think that they will be going bowling this year as Hawkins seems to be heading the program in a good direction. Boulder seems to be such a tough place to play for the visitors (see OU last year

Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 AM

131 posts, read 696,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I went to texas A&M and it is definitely a great atmosphere to watch a game. Regarding Colorado, i think that they will be going bowling this year as Hawkins seems to be heading the program in a good direction. Boulder seems to be such a tough place to play for the visitors (see OU last year
I attended the Clemson Vs Texas A&M game in 2004 in college station. I had a blast and that trip is my all time favorite road game. The aggie faithful treated my group very well and bought us many of the local "shinners"? (I think that is correct for the local texas beer) and hung out at the Dixie Chicken bar. I had a great time and would go back in a heart beat.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
That's Shiners. As in Shiner Bock.

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Went to Texas and can't wait for the Texas-OU game. Way it's shaping up, it will be two top 5 teams playing each other.

Love Tim Tebow and watching him play.

Texas playing Colorado. Should be fun to watch!

Wish I had seen USC (Cali) lose. Pete does not have much class and I'm afraid he imparts this to his players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area