Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:09 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times

Advertisements

My oldest daughter will be starting kindergarten next year.

We currently live in Simpsonville (off Hwy 14) and are zoned for Simpsonville Elementary.

Would like to apply for one of the magnet schools in Greenville County.

Any opinions or recommendations on the magnet schools?

Any opinion on Simpsonville Elementary?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM

I wanted to bump this topic.

My wife and I are looking at homes in several neighborhoods and wanted opinions on several elementary schools:

1. Simpsonville Elementary (Welcome To Simpsonville Elementary) - this is our least favorite - but wanted anybody's opinion about this school

2. Augusta Circle Elementary (Welcome To Augusta Circle Elementary) - I've heard several many good reviews about this school - especially at how small the school is

3. Sara Collins Elementary (Welcome To Sara Collins Elementary) - this is my wife's favorite - she loves the IB program

4. Bells Crossing (Welcome to Bell's Crossing Elementary) - this is my favorite school - voted best school in the school in the state recently (Greenville County Schools - News Releases)

Any help is appreciated

Old 03-15-2009, 10:22 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
My son attends Simpsonville Elementary. I think its a great school! The teachers are really helpful with there students. Why is this school your least favorite? Its alot better than the school my son came from before it.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. Simpsonville Elementary (although an overall good school) was our least favorite due to reviews from *some* of our neighbors/friends. Also, the school is next door to Cryovac with a huge smokestack.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Thanks for the reply. Simpsonville Elementary (although an overall good school) was our least favorite due to reviews from *some* of our neighbors/friends. Also, the school is next door to Cryovac with a huge smokestack.
Well, if anything is coming out of Cryovac that is harmful then the whole town is affected; so I wouldn't let that be the reason. Plus Greenville is said to have less than great air quality overall anyway, but thats not stopping people from showing up. SES won the safe school award recently. Most people's opinions are very biased and you have to take that info with a grain of salt. None of these other schools are any better than SES, my son does very well there and I love the teachers.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:10 AM

Thanks Moton for your candid reply. I appreciate any parent with *direct* experience with a school, rather than hearsay.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM

No problem. Welcome to the area. I think you'll love it.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM

266 posts, read 1,025,890 times
We chose Rudolph Gordon. Its a beautiful new school and is not filled yet. The principal is from Plain Elementary and is wonderful and its just but a great kindergarten year for us.

We decided not to choose Simpsonville Elementary for reason similar to yours, but know a few neighbors who are very happy with the school.

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmomof2 View Post
We chose Rudolph Gordon. Its a beautiful new school and is not filled yet. The principal is from Plain Elementary and is wonderful and its just but a great kindergarten year for us.

We decided not to choose Simpsonville Elementary for reason similar to yours, but know a few neighbors who are very happy with the school.

Good luck!
No better than SES.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:55 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,402 times
We 2 are at Rudolph Gordon. It's a great school! liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area