Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,761,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
LOL But that kind of thing probably happens at most buffets. You just aren't around to see or hear it when it is happening.
Yep, and that is why you will never find me at a buffet style eatery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 PM

7 posts, read 42,866 times
Since the sale of the locally-owned company to Buffets Inc. in 2006, the quality of the restaurants has steadily diminished.

Yes I did notice. I was unaware of the sale though. None of the Ryan's restaurants are that good anymore. My little girl loves them though so we still take her from time to time. I personallly prefer Golden Corral. There's more variety and the food seems fresher.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
I'm not really a fan of neither of the companies but Golden Carroll is better than Ryan's...Maybe it's because of the Roll's, yeah it's the ROLL'S...lol

Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholsey View Post
Ryan's on Woodruff Road is closed. You know the economy is getting bad now.
Just wanted to correct the record on this one. I just found out that they didn't close due to the economy, but got a mega offer from Walgreens that they couldn't refuse. Apparently Walgreens is going to put a Super Walgreens there. I guess it would be their first one in the Upstate since I've never seen nor heard of a Super Walgreens before.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM

503 posts, read 937,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Just wanted to correct the record on this one. I just found out that they didn't close due to the economy, but got a mega offer from Walgreens that they couldn't refuse. Apparently Walgreens is going to put a Super Walgreens there. I guess it would be their first one in the Upstate since I've never seen nor heard of a Super Walgreens before.

What could they possibly offer in a "super walgreens", auto repair and an advil?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
What could they possibly offer in a "super walgreens", auto repair and an advil?
If I had to guess, maybe a more expanded line of grocery options ala Super Target and Super WalMart. I was in South Beach in Oct. on business and they have a huge Walgreens there that had some hot foods and more groceries; maybe that's what they'll do.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM

642 posts, read 2,089,590 times
A super walgreens blah could of thought of something better then that to put in

Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM

10 posts, read 26,588 times
You can always count on a good colon cleanse when you eat at Ryan's or Golden Corral! I haven't eaten there in years just for that reason! Nasty.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,031 times
The Hibachi Grill buffet is now in the old location! Damn fine buffet for $7. Best Chinese buffet I've ever been too! Too bad they cut me off salt last week! I can't eat there agian.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
I went to that Ryan's for lunch about a month ago, and for $4.99, I certainly felt like I got my money's worth. Haven't been to Greenville's Golden Corral, but went to a then-new one in Mississppi years ago, and was quite impressed.... For a buffet place, mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area