Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:15 PM

156 posts, read 356,392 times

Advertisements

The truth and showing remorse through words has always been the best way to begin the conversation about forgiveness. Forget trying to impress and just be yourself. If you truthfully want to live it up, then perhaps that is what you need to do on your own. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 PM

199 posts, read 493,088 times
Default Melting Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Anybody here been to the Melting Pot? I went to one in Tacoma WA and it was very good as is the one in Nashville according to my daughter, but the reviews on YahooLocal aren't great.
My wife and I went to the melting pot. We found it overpriced, poorly lit, and terrible service. That was about 2 years ago and we never went back.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
2 identical threads merged.
Yac.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 PM

7 posts, read 13,913 times
Default Here is what i got!

First of all thanks to all you people. especially jazzyk298 and kkrich123. i will check out highway 11 tomorrow and jazzy i appreciate the advice too. this is my own work, a lot of thinking. Hopefully yall can follow this! So this is whats going on. I am picking her up from her house and "normally" i would bring her and her mom flowers to the door but im not doing that this time. I walked downtown to try and figure out what i was going to do. Talked to a lot of the managers at the restuarants down there and some actually gave me that vibe like ''what?'' i got a good hit at the lazy goat tho so that where we are eating. On my walk back i was passed by a horse and carriage company. Got the info and he hooked me up for reservations. So this is whats happening. We are going to park at the parking garage on richardson rd. When we walk out he is going to be there with roses. He is taking us to the lazy goat and when we get there the food and everything will be waiting for us on the patio with candle lights and a vase of tulips (her favorite). After the dinner, we are going to take a walk to the falls. Depending on the crowd depends on which location i am going to do this (on the bridge or under? there is a place to sit down there) So i am going to give her a nice looking envelope with two letters inside. As of now, unless it changes, these letters will be of 1) everything i have done wrong in the relationship/regret 2) will be everything that i loved about it. I am going to ask her to read these (when i walk away, ill give her long enough to read them). Ill ask her to throw the one she wants to into the river and come back with the one that she wants to remember. hopefully she will choose the one and return it into the envelope and give it to me. The reason for this is i don't want this blow up in my face and ruin the ride home and its different. so ill tell her that i wont read it until i get home. (I have a friend picking up the flowers from the lazy goat to bring back to her house also so that when she gets there they mysterisly ended up back at her house). when we get back to the car her birthday present will be in the seat (put there by my friend also). She obessed with cats so i got her a wooden cat and i am going to sand and repaint it exactly like her cat. How does this sound yall, i need to know if this is going to be too much... thanks again yall. if you have something else or advice let me know

Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrowagain View Post
First of all thanks to all you people. especially jazzyk298 and kkrich123. i will check out highway 11 tomorrow and jazzy i appreciate the advice too. this is my own work, a lot of thinking. Hopefully yall can follow this! So this is whats going on. I am picking her up from her house and "normally" i would bring her and her mom flowers to the door but im not doing that this time. I walked downtown to try and figure out what i was going to do. Talked to a lot of the managers at the restuarants down there and some actually gave me that vibe like ''what?'' i got a good hit at the lazy goat tho so that where we are eating. On my walk back i was passed by a horse and carriage company. Got the info and he hooked me up for reservations. So this is whats happening. We are going to park at the parking garage on richardson rd. When we walk out he is going to be there with roses. He is taking us to the lazy goat and when we get there the food and everything will be waiting for us on the patio with candle lights and a vase of tulips (her favorite). After the dinner, we are going to take a walk to the falls. Depending on the crowd depends on which location i am going to do this (on the bridge or under? there is a place to sit down there) So i am going to give her a nice looking envelope with two letters inside. As of now, unless it changes, these letters will be of 1) everything i have done wrong in the relationship/regret 2) will be everything that i loved about it. I am going to ask her to read these (when i walk away, ill give her long enough to read them). Ill ask her to throw the one she wants to into the river and come back with the one that she wants to remember. hopefully she will choose the one and return it into the envelope and give it to me. The reason for this is i don't want this blow up in my face and ruin the ride home and its different. so ill tell her that i wont read it until i get home. (I have a friend picking up the flowers from the lazy goat to bring back to her house also so that when she gets there they mysterisly ended up back at her house). when we get back to the car her birthday present will be in the seat (put there by my friend also). She obessed with cats so i got her a wooden cat and i am going to sand and repaint it exactly like her cat. How does this sound yall, i need to know if this is going to be too much... thanks again yall. if you have something else or advice let me know
Are you apologizing or proposing? Because it sounds like you are going to a lot of trouble to convince her you are sorry and have changed. Remind us again, which attempt at a sincere apology will this be? Ask yourself why one sincere apology wasn't enough. Your life with her is going to really suck if you have to grovel and repeatedly beg for forgiveness every time you are wrong.

I think you should read the letter when she walks back from the river, because you shouldn't waste a present on her if she still won't forgive you - especially after a carriage ride, nice dinner, flowers, etc. (and that's just for this date). Ditto for having your friend take the flowers to her house.

I hope it works out for you. You obviously care a great deal about this girl in order to go to this much trouble. I hope she's worth it.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Are you apologizing or proposing? Because it sounds like you are going to a lot of trouble to convince her you are sorry and have changed. Remind us again, which attempt at a sincere apology will this be? Ask yourself why one sincere apology wasn't enough. Your life with her is going to really suck if you have to grovel and repeatedly beg for forgiveness every time you are wrong.

I think you should read the letter when she walks back from the river, because you shouldn't waste a present on her if she still won't forgive you - especially after a carriage ride, nice dinner, flowers, etc. (and that's just for this date). Ditto for having your friend take the flowers to her house.

I hope it works out for you. You obviously care a great deal about this girl in order to go to this much trouble. I hope she's worth it.
I was apologizing. I'm sorry Greenville. You will forgive me?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 PM

HA i aint proposing lol. but yea im with you. i might not do the letter thing and a gift maybe that is a bit over board. i dont know i just want her realize that im sorry? to much thinking about this. ill post the outcome for all of this. once again thanks and i appreciate the advice

Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,961 times
Ya know, it just seems like it's too much for a simple apology. If she accepts your apology and wants to get back together with you, what will you do next time? It will have to be bigger and better than this you know. Is she really this high maintenance and if she is, do you really want that in your life?

I'm going to ask what I don't think anyone has. What exactly is it you did that caused the break up?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 PM

I figured that was coming up. First of no shes not high maintence at all, i wouldnt do this if she was. The reason why i got into this is because i cheated on her so its going to take some convincing to make her believe i won't do it again. I will not have to worry about the next time lol. Just trying to make her realize that i messed up and realize i screwed up what i had.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,566,649 times
The best thing you could do is tell her exactly what you told us on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area