Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times

Advertisements

Yeah, thanks for putting a sign on your door saying you were closing when you weren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 7,188 times
My wife and I own and operate the STB Downtown location. It's a local business and we have nothing to do with any other Spill the Beans locations. I do know that there are other businesses called Spill The Beans throughout the country, but that does not mean they do the same thing as what we do downtown. I've never heard of the Spill The Beans in GA, so cannot say if or why they closed. I hope this helps and do hope it clears things up a bit. We love downtown Greenville, and hope you will be down to enjoy it as well.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM

@g-man430. STB Downtown never had a sign on our door saying we were closing. It is true though that Spill The Beans on Woodruff Road closed on Oct. 24th. They did have that posted on their door, but it was only pertaining to them. Sorry for the confusion. We really didn't expect this to happen and hope we can get this cleared up soon. Hope to see you down here.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBDowntown View Post
My wife and I own and operate the STB Downtown location. It's a local business and we have nothing to do with any other Spill the Beans locations. I do know that there are other businesses called Spill The Beans throughout the country, but that does not mean they do the same thing as what we do downtown. I've never heard of the Spill The Beans in GA, so cannot say if or why they closed. I hope this helps and do hope it clears things up a bit. We love downtown Greenville, and hope you will be down to enjoy it as well.
Thanks for all the clarification. I'll continue to support you. You guys have a great place!

One friendly tip....not sure if you are aware, but your website is down. In this day and age of company failures, when websites are down, it doesn't promote a positive view of longevity among customers. Just a friendly tip, not sure if you realized.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
@g-man430. STB Downtown never had a sign on our door saying we were closing. It is true though that Spill The Beans on Woodruff Road closed on Oct. 24th. They did have that posted on their door, but it was only pertaining to them. Sorry for the confusion. We really didn't expect this to happen and hope we can get this cleared up soon. Hope to see you down here.
My apologies. Somebody on another forum said there was a sign on the downtown Spill the Beans saying they were closing on Oct. 24th. Weird. I LOVE your ice cream. If you ever close, I will cry.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,486 times
Glad to hear that the downtown Spill the Beans will remain open. It is a real asset to the West End and Falls Park area.

I am curious to know if you guys still plan on having the newsstand aspect of the store. Many of us here have been very excited about the idea of being able to get a lot of good newspapers from around the country (and perhaps world). It is a great idea, and would definitely give Greenville yet another unique offering not found in many other cities.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Glad to hear that the downtown Spill the Beans will remain open. It is a real asset to the West End and Falls Park area.

I am curious to know if you guys still plan on having the newsstand aspect of the store. Many of us here have been very excited about the idea of being able to get a lot of good newspapers from around the country (and perhaps world). It is a great idea, and would definitely give Greenville yet another unique offering not found in many other cities.
Wow - I hadn't heard about that. Would be sooooo perfect! I can imagine whiling away quite a few Sunday afternoons in such a place!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,381,952 times
The original public announcement indicated a newsstand would possibly be later incorporated in the front (Main Street) portion of the store. I would love that as well, even if it is only a small addition.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:34 AM

Be sure to check out our new website at STBDowntown.com. It's not quite finished, but wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Be sure to check out our new website at STBDowntown.com. It's not quite finished, but wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. Merry Christmas!
Looks great! Thanks for letting us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area