Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 07:11 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times

Advertisements

There is some parking lot clearing and construction starting on WHB on the AA/Bilo parking lot next to Walmart in Taylors. I don't see any signs of what it might be but looks to be fairly sizable construction/clearing.

Any idea of what is going on there?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Hampton Point, Taylors, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
There is some parking lot clearing and construction starting on WHB on the AA/Bilo parking lot next to Walmart in Taylors. I don't see any signs of what it might be but looks to be fairly sizable construction/clearing.

Any idea of what is going on there?
The only parking lot construction I could see is the removal of underground fuel storage tanks when Spinx #195, previously Bi-Lo #5289 Golden Gallon, operated a fuel station on the site. The underground tanks should have been removed when the fuel station closed.

The 45,116 square feet space vacated by Bi-Lo after the closing of store #5289 can use infilling through other tenants.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:36 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
I personally don't care how they spell Taziki's. Nor do I care that it's a chain. I went there on my way home from work today for an early dinner, and it was wonderful! I was VERY impressed for the excellent attention and service considering they just opened today.

They have quite a varied menu, which I had looked at online before I went. The only downside is that you have to stand in line to order (like Zoe's Kitchen or Jason's Deli). They give you a number and bring out your food.

The atmosphere is very nice with large booths, tables and pub-style tables in the front window. One thing I noticed (which as an older, semi-handicapped person is helpful) is that the chairs are very comfortable and slide quite easily back and in toward the table. On the table itself is a nice wooden holder with several sets of wrapped silverware in generous sized napkins and, on the side of it, extra napkins (nice touch!).

Although I knew it would probably be too much for one person, I ordered their hummus with soft pita bread as an appetizer. Baked, crispy pita bread is an option too, or you can go gluten free and get hummus with raw veggies.

For my entree I ordered their fresh, Chargrilled Lamb Feast, which came with a generous portion of lamb, and a wonderful Greek salad plus your choice of either roasted new potatoes or basmati rice. I chose the potatoes. There was also a side of homemade Skordalia sauce.

I'm not a regular eater of Greek food, but I was in heaven! Every single thing I ate was absolutely delicious!

Several times during the course of my meal, different staff people came by to ask if everything was okay, how the food was, if I needed anything, if they could refill my drink, etc. I chatted briefly with the manager and told him that I lived nearby and would definitely become a regular.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I personally don't care how they spell Taziki's. Nor do I care that it's a chain. I went there on my way home from work today for an early dinner, and it was wonderful! I was VERY impressed for the excellent attention and service considering they just opened today.

They have quite a varied menu, which I had looked at online before I went. The only downside is that you have to stand in line to order (like Zoe's Kitchen or Jason's Deli). They give you a number and bring out your food.

The atmosphere is very nice with large booths, tables and pub-style tables in the front window. One thing I noticed (which as an older, semi-handicapped person is helpful) is that the chairs are very comfortable and slide quite easily back and in toward the table. On the table itself is a nice wooden holder with several sets of wrapped silverware in generous sized napkins and, on the side of it, extra napkins (nice touch!).

Although I knew it would probably be too much for one person, I ordered their hummus with soft pita bread as an appetizer. Baked, crispy pita bread is an option too, or you can go gluten free and get hummus with raw veggies.

For my entree I ordered their fresh, Chargrilled Lamb Feast, which came with a generous portion of lamb, and a wonderful Greek salad plus your choice of either roasted new potatoes or basmati rice. I chose the potatoes. There was also a side of homemade Skordalia sauce.

I'm not a regular eater of Greek food, but I was in heaven! Every single thing I ate was absolutely delicious!

Several times during the course of my meal, different staff people came by to ask if everything was okay, how the food was, if I needed anything, if they could refill my drink, etc. I chatted briefly with the manager and told him that I lived nearby and would definitely become a regular.
I used to live near the original Taziki's at the Colonnade in Birmingham, AL - it's a great, healthy option for eating out - yes, Taziki's is similar to the "fast casual" style like Zoe's Kitchen (also founded in a Birmingham suburb, Homewood)

It's interesting that the Taziki's website never mentions in its history that it originated in Alabama.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post

The intentional misspelling really grates on me; what if Chipotle was called Chip Ole? It's annoying. That being said, I'm sure, I'll try it; begrudgingly.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
The intentional misspelling really grates on me; what if Chipotle was called Chip Ole?
They don't even need to misspell Chipotle - everyone says Chipolte anyway.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:59 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,769 times
Cucina 100 is open in Fountain Inn!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:02 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The only parking lot construction I could see is the removal of underground fuel storage tanks when Spinx #195, previously Bi-Lo #5289 Golden Gallon, operated a fuel station on the site. The underground tanks should have been removed when the fuel station closed.

The 45,116 square feet space vacated by Bi-Lo after the closing of store #5289 can use infilling through other tenants.
Well, it's definitely not any tank clearing. They have survey markers or grading markers out. Today a construction office trailer is being dropped off the at the site. I'll keep my eyes open to see if I notice any 'coming soon' signs.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
I went by, what is apparently the new Zaxby's in Fountain Inn yesterday.. It seems to be coming along. Building structure is up.. External facade looks to be the next step..

I'm curious if they are going to be cutting in a driveway on 418 or if the entrance is going to be off whatever that road there is.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:47 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I went by, what is apparently the new Zaxby's in Fountain Inn yesterday.. It seems to be coming along. Building structure is up.. External facade looks to be the next step..

I'm curious if they are going to be cutting in a driveway on 418 or if the entrance is going to be off whatever that road there is.

Ive heard there will be entrances and exits on both roads. Ive also heard its one or the other so its hard to know just yet. Ill ask someone who may know and get back with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area